The Digital Services Engineer ensures compliance of electrical standards compliance, IPC management implementation, machine/manufacturing systems interfacing, and specialized controls support as needed, Apply change management to current control systems, perform specialized training to maintenance staff. Technical support to maintenance, projects, and/or utilities departments. Contribution to every department and plant KPI's. Full responsibility in preserving hardware and software for controls systems and IIoT systems.
Overview of IT Interface Systems
IT interface systems are in general terms any IT system that interfaces to a machine PLC. They are implemented at the machine level, creating a “bridge” to the IT world to provide orders, validation of materials, operator traceability, recipes, process data collection, etc.
Essential Functions (in order of job importance):
- Integrate and maintain Manufacturing Systems (MMS, SFI, MCAT, FFDACS, CSMI/CGMS), Central Recipe Management (CGRS) and Energy Monitoring (MESSDAS).
- Ensure compliance with the electrical standards set by Central Engineering (MES) for IPC’s, PLC’s, Drives, Machine Interfaces, Controls, etc.
- Coordinate, Implement, Validate and Document the hardware and software changes made to the Control Systems in accordance with Change Management Specification.
- Provide specialized controls support in terms of hardware (IPC’s, PLC's, Drives Systems, etc.) and software (Control Settings, High Level Programming, etc.)
- Backup, protect, and maintain the software of control systems, such as IPC's, PLC's, Drives, Communication Devices, etc.
- Configure and validate IPC’s for completion of: IP Addresses, Host Name, Business Partner Access, Standard Image, and Inventory Conduct training for maintenance team and coordinate with training department
- Maintain respectful and cooperative communication with management, C&D Engineers, Techs and area engineers in the departments.
- Available for after shift or after hour phone support and call in as requested
- Perform other duties as directed by the Head of Digital Services, Head of Maintenance, or Head of Engineering
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
* Immediate Benefits
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition & Employee Discounts
* Annual Bonus
* Employer 401(k) Match
* And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader
Minimum Job Requirements
Education: Basic Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree in Electrical and/or Computer Engineering
Preferred Qualifications: Experience in IT networking, microcontrollers, computers, programming, and PLC (Programable Logic Controlers)
Experience: Five plus years of Control Systems and Automation experience desired
Technical Skills: Basic: Programing (C\C++\C# and/or python), basic IT knowledge, MS Office (especially Excel and PowerPoint)
Preferred: PLC Programing (Siemens, Beckhoff, and Allen Bradley), OPC UA/DA Communication, Networks (ProfiNet, Profibus, DH+, Ethernet, EtherCAT, etc.), and strong IT knowledge
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we've been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Mt. Vernon, IL location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Digital Services Automation Engineer to join our group. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?