Analysis Center Engineer (Analysis Center Engineer)
The Analysis Center Engineer VED-ECU will support the Quality group and analysis center to diagnose the electronic control module for the electronic brake system and modules of air suspension systems in order to solve field and plant quality issues. Responsible to plan and perform failure analysis of electronic control units (ECUs), root cause analysis investigation and document analysis findings. Help reduces cases where “No Trouble is Found”. Be part of an international 8D team to find root causes. Work with suppliers and plant quality teams to improve quality. Work with Hardware and Software engineering to solve development issues. Perform component level mechanical, electrical, and software troubleshooting. Develop test equipment for new projects and program test equipment to perform stress test on return parts. Provide technical support to other internal departments, as needed.
- Bachelor of Science in Electronic, Mechatronic Engineering or related discipline
- Advanced English (oral and written communication skills).
- Ability to use common lab equipment like: multimeter, oscilloscope, power supply, function generator etc.
- Ability to understand and analyze the behavior of circuits by looking at schematics, technical specifications, and PCB layouts.
- Able to work in a team environment and be flexible with changing priorities.
- Able to multitask to meet project timing (time management skills)
- Logical problem solver; Strong attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills and structured way of working
Nice to have:
- 1 year or more’ experience in automotive, analyzing or testing electronic modules
- Database and programming experience.
- Computerized data logging systems.
- Understanding of semiconductors and semiconductor manufacturing process
- Understanding of embedded communication systems, SPI, serial communication, CAN, etc
Selected personnel will receive microcontroller and semiconductor training from the suppliers and in the Analysis center North America in Auburnhills MI USA.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services
Analysis Center Engineer (External Failure Analysis Engineer ECU)