Electrician - Manufacturing/Production
Plant electrical maintenance would include, but not limited to, the duties listed below. The candidate should be at a technical level to have knowledge of or be capable of learning plant equipment and systems.
- Responsible for electrical maintenance at the facility.
- Responsible for completing planned jobs; providing technical assistance to the team; troubleshooting; and performing critical maintenance work.
- Work with single phase and three phase electricity from 120V – 600V.
- Troubleshoot / maintain plant production equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair DC drives, motors and equipment.
- Troubleshoot and repair AC motors, controls and associated equipment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and set up variable frequency drives (VFD) and associated equipment.
- Troubleshoot / program PLC’s (GE, Allen Bradley, etc.).
- Maintain plant power distribution systems.
- Maintain plant utility equipment (HVAC, air compressors, etc.)
- Electrical and mechanical installation of new equipment.
- The position will assist other maintenance groups as needed to keep the plant running in an efficient, cost effective manner.
- This person will interact with vendors and outside firms to find and develop projects and solutions to aid our production processes.
- Follow all plant safety rules and attend all required safety trainings.
- All other duties as assigned by supervisor, group leader or manager
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- High School or GED Equivalent and 3 plus years of experience
- Prefer candidate to have 13 years job experience as an industrial/commercial electrician or electronics technician.
- Computer Literate
- B.S. EET, Technical Degree in Industrial Electricity/Electronics, or equivalent training.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Barnesville, GA location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Machine Operator to join our team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable. Are you ready to shape the future with us?