Customer Quality Specialist (VW)
The Customer Quality Specialist is the link between the customer plants and the various Continental locations for all Continental products quality related issues. Customer Quality Specialist will be responsible for assigned customers such as VW Chattanooga and Tier 1 assigned to this specific territory. Candidates for this position will be sitting onsite at our Chattanooga customer locations.
- Responsible as a technical interface for the initial customer contact and the combined processing concerning 0-km issues and if applicable for warranty field returns. Additionally independently supports the BA/Segments / plants regarding sorting/flash actions
- Establishes and maintains a trusting relationship within the customer’s organization by supporting communication with management (e.g. engineering, line operators, quality departments, logistic departments and customers service
- Manages the specific customer locations or region by proactive visits with regular follow ups
- Supports necessary actions to minimize impact to CQTS and customer score cards.
- Performs pre-analysis at the production plants and customers designated warranty centers (when applicable), interacts with both customer and plant locations to seek problem resolution countermeasures. Using product related test tools where available and applicable. Uses his knowledge to determine disposition of suspected products.
- Registers confirmed complained parts into CQTS (Continental Quality Tracking System) database and coordinates transfer of return parts to appropriate analysis centers within requested time frame.
- Monitors response times, check of BA/Segment analysis report, quality note closures, and updates of complaints if needed.
- Facilitates communication between the customer and Continental stakeholders concerning those topics.
- Supports communication between the customer and Continental stakeholders concerning those topics with use of data analytic tools (HANA, PowerBI)
- Work with the BA/Segment stakeholders (projects/plants) to ensure pre and post launch preparation (e.g. test equipment, training, product knowledge and contact partners).
- Executing and monitoring of safe launch activities at customers facilities and customer plant trial runs.
- Support of safe launch activities at customers facilities and customer plant trial runs. Observe, collaborate and support at the vehicle level and provide necessary feedback.
- Operates as the main contact to customer’s 0km quality complaints. Provides quick and accurate feedback to the manufacturing plants and other potential stakeholders.
- Execution and coordination of sort, rework or re-flash actions at the customer facilities or warehouses, by implementing immediate actions to minimize customer disruptions
- Support Backup activities to other Customer sites (as needed).
- Review of 8d documentation for the plants and provides suggestion and input before submission to the customer.
- International and domestic travel will be required when needed.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Minimum of 2 years working in a Quality related field
- Appropriate knowledge of Automotive technology
- Data Analytics Knowledge (Warranty Data, PowerBi, Priority, etc)
- Advanced MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Experience in Quality related tools (8d, PPAP, Core Tool)
- Good communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Fluent speaking and advance writing (English)
- Good Organizational Skills
- Knowledge of Automotive Customer specific requirements (Ford, CVS & Tier 1)
- 5+ years working in a Quality related field
*** Continental is not able to provide Visa sponsorship for this opportunity
*** Continental is not able to provide relocation for this opportunity
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services
Customer Quality Specialist (VW)
BestDrive Service Technician (EG)