Calendar Crew Member
The Calendar Crew Member is required to perform all the necessary functions on his/her assigned equipment (Wind-up, Let-off - Creel room, Operate Mills, Relief, etc.) to provide for an efficiently run piece of equipment. The CM is responsible for internal relief of other crew members as necessary, the packaging identification, and storage of calendared components, and the proper material handling of all items related to the job assignment. The CM operates high investment pieces of equipment and is responsible for the safe and efficient performance of assigned tasks.
• Responsible for assisting with operating machines, including sequencing and control panel utilization
• CM will use hand tools, gauging devices, and Statistical Process Control to set-up and monitor current and ongoing product quality.
• CM will use walkees, tuggers, and forklifts when necessary. Must be certified to operate a forklift through the Safety Department. Responsible for the proper care and safe operation of this material handling equipment.
• Assist with monitoring workflow
• React quickly to equipment downtime or other extraordinary condition, and must notify supervision whenever such conditions occur
• Perform actions with a control panel interface, both automatic and manual
• Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions. as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Communicate with other inbound and outbound operators, production operators, and supervision.
• Demonstrates the characteristics of 5S to keep work areas neat, clean, aligned, and orderly.
• Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies.
• Drives forklifts and operate other material handling equipment as needed and is responsible for the proper care and safe operation of the material handling equipment.
• Performs other duties as directed by the shift leaders or management team.
Work in CBS to support in areas where help is needed to develop the individual and team. Identify opportunities for improvement and uses soft skills to support. Makes yourself aware of the team interaction and performance. Need to work with the new Manufacturing Suite.
Actively participate in business team meetings, follow-up on efficiency and losses development, improvement of OEE/TEEP, performance goal setting and ensure the CBS approach is being applied within the cross functional business team.
Follow up on correct application of standards with production and support development of Standard operating procedures.
Conduct improvement workshops on the shop floor with production and any other stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
Ensure the implementation of standards according to CBS and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
Participate as a champion for the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or TPM.
Actively participate in the CBT coaching reviews of level 1 teams and assist the level 1 teams in achieving the defined targets and realizing the innovations coming from the level 1 team.
HS diploma /GED
Must have minimum 6 months of working in the Hot Prep area of Continental
Forklift driving experience preferred
Willing to work 8 and 12 hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS, location is seeking an Calendar Crew Member to join our manufacturing team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?