Software Requirements Engineer for SMY (TM)
The permanent technological advancement in vehicle electronics means the amount of information that has to be shown to the driver is increasing year by year. The Instrument Cluster is the main interface of the vehicle to the driver. The technical solution to display the increasing amount of information is by having an LCD in the instrument cluster. The size of these LCDs is increasing year by year to the level of replacing all analog gauges and having the cluster be only one big LCD display.
Your tasks as a software requirements engineer include:
- Analyze customer specification and internal requirements for an instrument cluster;
- Identify, document and clarify with customer and internal stakeholder the open points;
- Create and manage software requirements specification, ensure traceability of requirements;
- Assist and collaborate with the software project manager, SW architect, SW developers, SW testers;
- Organize and moderate requirements engineering workshop with customers;
- Perform reviews of test specification.
- University Degree (i.e. Electronics, Telecommunications, Computer Science);
- Basic electronics understanding (AC, DC, digital inputs, analog inputs, frequency inputs, microcontroller);
- Very good English skills: Reading, Writing, Speaking;
- Ability to read and understand complex technical specifications;
- Ability to explain and document complex requirements in an easily understandable way;
- Self-motivated and self-organized;
- Attention to detail;
Nice to have:
- Automotive experience;
- Software development;
- Embedded systems;
- Vehicle communication protocols (CAN, LIN);
- Diagnostics protocols;
- Standards like ISO26262;
- Experience in GUI (Graphical user interfaces).
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.