Mechanical Engineer for AM (Iasi)
As Mechanical Engineer you will be integrated within FEA team working and developing new AM (Autonomous Mobility) products, as well for customization of existing components for different OEMs.
Your main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Analyze customer requirements that are relevant for thermal/ mechanical management;
- Perform Thermal/ Mechanical FEA simulations (static and dynamic) for AM products (ADCU, lidar, radar, camera);
- Propose design improvements for mechanical, HW and Layout based on FEA simulations results and/or experience;
- Create reports intended for different purposes (for customer, internal, management or educational), while being able to adjust the level of details and complexity for each one;
- Calibrate the Thermal/ Mechanical FEA simulations with the real life tests;
- Involved in real life thermal tests.
- University degree in a relevant field (e.g. Mechanics/ Mechatronics, Electrical/ Electronic, Physics, Mathematics, Machine Manufacturing or Material Science);
- Previous work experience in a relevant field (minimum 2-3 years).
- Simulation software (FloTHERM, Ansys IcePack, Abaqus, Altair);
- Design of electronic automotive equipment ;
- FEA simulation principles;
- Materials properties and behavior;
- PCB material parameters and fabrication technology;
- Mechanical CAD tools (Catia, SolidWorks);
- Power electronics design principles;
- Ability to communicate clearly and quickly complex ideas or concepts;
- Organizational and time management skills;
- Self-learning capabilities;
- High level of commitment and motivation;
- Attention to detail;
- Good English language skills (written and spoken);
- Fluid dynamics is a plus.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries & financial benefits;
- Flexible working time;
- Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Autonomous driving is one of the major future fields of the automotive industry. Driverless technologies offer unsuspected potential for making mobility more sustainable, more comfortable and, most importantly, safer. And this market is booming: forecasts show that it will multiply in the next few years. At the same time, as the variety of skills and capabilities needed to realize autonomous mobility is expanding, entirely new players are also entering the market. In a highly competitive market environment, we want to position ourselves as a driver of ideas and innovation leader.
In Continental Autonomous Mobility, we bundle all competencies to develop innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving. We want to pave the way for autonomous mobility - with a clear vision, a precise strategy, and an open and dynamic culture focused on collaboration and entrepreneurship.