SQM CCI/Category - Supplier Quality Management PLD (Decorative Plastics)
Responsible for the Component Introduction APQP (CI process) of Decorative Plastic Parts for North America Region. Ensure the selection of qualified suppliers for the components needed.
Responsible execution of SQIP of Decorative Plastic Suppliers.
Work in sourcing process, execution of Maturity Evaluation, Technical Reviews, Supplier Component Reviews, APQP, R@R, and PPAP validation for components of the assigned category. Ensure proper communication with the different areas of the sourcing and introduction process.
Handling of Engineering Changes and PCN's for series production components.
Analysis and troubleshooting of plastic injection molding process and secondary processes (e.g. painting, plating, laser etching, etc.) during the different phases of APQP.
Execution of VDA 6.3 audits with Suppliers, the assessment and introduction of potential new suppliers in close collaboration with Category Management, R&D and Purchasing BU's.
Ensure the implementation of Category Quality Standards.
Work with plant Supplier Quality (SQM CI/SP) for activities in which collaboration is needed, (e.g. escalations, technical support, L/L).
To Drive Supplier Quality Improvement Programs (SQIP) if needed.
Supplier Development and Improve quality level of Suppliers.
Releases of technologies for purchased parts based on VDA 6.3.
• Manage escalations worldwide within the above-mentioned category.
Evaluation, promotion and deployment of Lessons Learned along the Supplier Base and SQM CAT
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- 5 years of experience on the Automotive Industry, minimum of 2 years (out of those 5) on a similar or related position in Quality (e.g. Supplier Quality, Quality Engineering, Quality Auditing, Quality Management)
- Extensive knowledge of AIAG requirements, Quality Tools & Lean Manufacturing (IATF 16949, ISO 14001, VDA 6.3, Six Sigma).
- Experience with component/product introduction in automotive environment, experience with New Product Launch, project management and Release of new processes.
- Extensive knowledge in plastic injection molding process, including process control (availability of analysis of DOE for improving process window), design for manufacturing of parts (DFM), mold flow interpretation, Medium knowledge on tool construction and tooling release.
- Molding troubleshooting knowledge (molding process simulation).
- Advanced English (Fluent, written and spoken). Excellent communication skills, to communicate with people at various levels and different cultures.
- Willingness to travel in Domestic and International up to 50% from working time.
- Knowledge in painting, plating, laser etching, and related technologies is highly desirable, as well as the related control process tests (e.g. gloss, adhesion, density, etc.) Desirable
In Continental we are committed to an inclusive and non-discriminatory culture, we will never require a HIV or pregnancy test as a part of our selection process.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Our Technologies. Your solutions. Powered by the passion of our people.