ADAS Hardware Project Manager for Autonomous Mobility (Iasi)
As Hardware Project Manager you will:
- Participate to the HW effort estimation for assigned projects;
- Plan & Track the HW development activities;
- Analyze the customer requirements;
- Create the HW requirements according to internal procedures;
- Develop or update the HW architecture to meet the agreed requirements;
- Integrate the HW schematic;
- Collaborate with HW module design engineers for HW modules integration ;
- Collaborate with Mechanical design engineers to ensure the proper PCB geometry;
- Collaborate with Layout design engineer for designing the PCB;
- Ensure the HW design documentation according to internal development process;
- Release the HW documents for HW sample production and for series production;
- Coordinate the HW validation plan and the HW validation tests;
- Monitor the budget and quality of HW design;
- Collaborate with other project disciplines (SW, Mech. Design. Algo.);
- Collaborate with series production responsible to ensure the HW design according to requirements for Industrialization;
- Perform HW technical related tasks in order to solve the open topics (e.g. Electronic accordingly the Electronic samples availability;
- Components change, Failure Analyses, etc.).
You can be a perfect match to our team if you have:
- A university Degree (i.e., Electronics, Telecommunication, Computer Science, Informatics...);
- Good experience in analog and/or digital electronic design;
- Knowledge in handling electronic test equipment (Oscilloscopes, Multimeters, etc.);
- Knowledge in microcontrollers and in electronic for embedded SW systems;
- Basic knowledge in embedded SW (Assembly language, C or C++) would be a plus;
- Knowledge in any of the next areas would be a plus: Camera sensors, Optoelectronics, Radar technologies, RF, IR Lasers;
- Previous experience in HW project management or in team coordination would be a plus;
- Good English language skills.
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time.
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The Autonomous Mobility department develops products and systems based on intelligent Camera, Radar & Lidar sensors that are able to “see” and collect details from traffic in the surrounding area of the vehicles. The used sensors contain very powerful processing elements that are able to run intelligent Image, Radar and Lidar signal processing algorithms through which the high volume of information from traffic is analyzed and translated in actions and decisions which are transmitted to the driver trough visual or acoustic information or direct take the control of the vehicle brakes, acceleration and direction. The position is opened in the Hardware Autonomous Mobility team, the top technology in the Automotive Research & Development area.
- AM Camera Products implement safety and comfort functions for drivers, based on image processing technologies, by monitoring the position of the car in traffic and monitoring the vehicles, the pedestrians and the possible obstacles in area that surrounds the vehicle. E.g. Lane Departure Warning protects drivers from unintentional lane changes.
- AM Radar Sensors implement functions as Automatic Cruise Control keeps the proper distance between the cars and automatically breaks the car in case of dangerous situations and accelerates the car till a preselected speed when the road is empty. Blind Spot Detection. BSD provides information on whether there are vehicles in the areas from side mirrors, non-visible for the driver. Park exit helps the driver to leave the parking slot in safe conditions.
- AM Short Range Lidar implements functions as City safety. It prevents forward collisions in city traffic by Emergency Break of car at speeds from 0 up to 30Km/h.