Mechanical Lead Engineer for AM (Iasi)
As a Mechanical Lead Engineer your main tasks will be:
- Lead and support mechanical design engineers in full life cycle product development;
- Work with cross-functional (HW, system, production, optics, quality, test and validation, FEA, etc.) teams to achieve product performance, schedule, cost, reliability, and quality targets;
- Perform detailed review of mechanical systems and components including plastic, metal, and sheet metal parts, connectors, insulators, wire harnesses, fasteners, electronic assemblies, enclosures, thermal systems, and other components;
- Lead and review detailed mechanical design analysis including thermal, structural, design for assembly, and test design;
- Generate and maintain product and component design requirements;
- Planning and piloting Mechanical Domain activities and related deliverables on the project taking into account applicable instructions/processes and other specific Customer (internal or external) requirements;
- Preparing and documenting Mechanical Domain Design Reviews according to project schedule and following-up the main open actions;
- Coordinate product test plans and work closely with laboratory test engineer to implement and review testing activities;
- Support design, CAD modeling, and drawing creation for automotive components (mainly diecast, plastic, and Sheetmetal parts) using Catia V5;
- Support tolerance calculation and FMEA studies;
- Support packaging studies and integration of ADAS products in cars for potential customers or exhibitions.
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over your own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes, and organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical engineering;
- 5+ years of automotive engineering experience(Mechanical Engineer and Mechanical Lead Engineer);
- Knowledge of Catia V5;
- Knowledge of tolerance calculation and drawing standards;
- Knowledge of design and manufacturing of mechanical parts (diecast, sheet metal, and plastic parts);
- Knowledge of tooling for diecast, sheet metal, and plastic injection processes;
- English knowledge - good level.
What we offer:
- Integration Program in a professional, professional, young & dynamic team;
- Competitive Salaries & Benefits;
- Health & Wellness (Private Health and Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Passionate about mechanical design but also interested in smart cars? Take a look at our LEAD MECHANICAL DESIGN ENGINEER role in our Mechanical Engineering team.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety. Accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development.
As a member of our Mechanical Design team you will be involved in the development process of different mechanical components which are part of the Advanced Driver Assistance Systems such as: cameras, radar, Lidar sensors and electronic control units.