BestDrive Alignment Tech
BestDrive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental, is quickly becoming the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high-quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive Commercial Tire Centers specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions including award winning Continental and General Tire brand products, innovative commercial solution products such as ContiPressureCheck, and a wide array of multi-brand truck tires to address all market segments. Since our founding in 2010, we have opened 25 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country.
The Mechanic position is essential to our business. This person must be able to properly align and repair suspension components for Commercial Vehicles and Medium Trucks. Employees will be responsible for all aspects related to service or repair for passenger and light trucks (medium trucks, buses, and motor coaches).
- Perform 2- and 4-wheel alignments on passenger cars
- Perform 2, 4- or 6-wheel alignments on light & medium trucks, buses, and motor coaches.
- Repair or replace suspension components when required
- Utilize above ground lifts for brake repairs along with any other miscellaneous related repairs
- Order, stock, and inventory parts necessary for alignment and brake repairs.
- Review work orders and discuss work with supervisors.
- Document work performed accurately and according to company policy.
- Unbolt and re-bolt wheels from/to equipment, using lug wrenches and other hand and power tools.
- Comply with OSHA and MSHA regulations and safety requirements pertaining to this position.
- All other duties as assigned by the manager.
- Must be 18 years or older
- Valid Driver’s License
- The ability to work in a fast paced, customer service-oriented environment.
- Ability to work on a team and independently
- Ability to communicate, verbally and written, clearly and professionally with co-workers and management.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1-2 years mechanic or alignment experience
- TIA certification
Work Environment & Physical Requirements
- Work hours are generally 7-5 Monday – Friday. Saturday and evenings as needed; may have little to no advance notice.
- This position operates in all types of indoor and outdoor work environments, therefore exposure to heat and cold is to be expected.
- While performing the duties of this job, employee is regularly required to stand, bend, climb, lift and walk.
- Required to handle hazardous materials and wear various forms of protective equipment (safety shoes, gloves, protective eyewear, etc.). Comply with OSHA regulations and safety requirements.
- Required to lift 75-100 lbs. routinely; may be required to occasionally lift up to 150 lbs. individually.
Why you should apply:
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discounts
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
BestDrive, a wholly owned subsidiary of Continental, is quickly becoming the top choice among commercial trucking fleets for our high-quality products and exceptional service. BestDrive Commercial Tire Centers specializes in providing fleet customers with innovative tire solutions including award winning Continental and General Tire brand products, innovative commercial solution products such as ContiPressureCheck, and a wide array of multi-brand truck tires to address all market segments. Since our founding in 2012, we presently have 25 locations throughout the United States and continue to rapidly expand our footprint throughout the country