Optic Design Engineer for UX (TM)
Do you want to be an Optic Design Engineer fo HUD? These should spark your interest :
A Head-up Display (HUD) is a projecting system that shows all relevant information for a car driver directly in their line of sight. This is done by projecting light into the driver’s eyes, which will perceive a virtual image, containing all this information, in front of the car, overlapped with the road.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Optic Design and simulations for Head-Up Display;
- Performs customer negotiations on optical requirements;
- Performs optical layout of projection optics for a specific HUD design;
- Support for Mechanical engineers in design of opto-mechanical components, considering all building space restrictions;
- Responsible for validation and measurement technology applied to define quality of projection optics;
- Identifies improvement measures and potential to increase quality and profitability;
- Supports other disciplines involved in the project;
- Responsible for project level customer interaction.
Necessary is a quick practice in named area of work, collaboration with different departments and the optical department from other locations. A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
This is what it takes to be a successful as an Optic Design Engineer:
- Master or PHD in Physics or engineering;
- Hands-on experience in laboratory technical work, preferably in optics and LASER;
- Previous work experience and working knowledge of optical systems, LASER and related safety procedures;
- Experience in documenting and presenting technical work results;
- Very good communication skills;
- Good English - spoken and written;
- Experience in a programming language (C++, Matlab);
- Zemax, SPEOS or other optical simulation tool know-how;
- CAD design;
- Mechnical Mindset.
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Our team develops Head-up-Displays (HUD’s) for a large range of passenger cars (e.g. Mercedes, Ford, Renault, BMW, Volkswagen, Audi etc.), starting from our customers requirements to serial production of the device.
Find out more about a Head-up-Display following this link: