- Ensures utilities and facilities equipment technical availability according to the company's guidelines and approved budgets
- Coordinates continuous improvement of the planned maintenance program.
- Support all controls maintenance activities 24/7 in order to ensure high grade of availability of equipment and energy efficiency.
- Plan, implement, optimize maintenance activities to ensure constant operation of area equipment according to the company and internal policies to provide area production machineries technical availability.
- Manage and lead the Multi Craft technicians to reduce equipment downtime and increase time to failure
- Make decisions on the best course of action in regards to equipment down time and scheduling the multi craft according to PM’s and down equipment
- Promote and monitor Safety throughout and your area and in the plant
- Promote and train TPM/PM concepts and effective problem solving (CBS, 5 why, Clean, Inspect, Repair)
- Mentor and train (or arrange training) as necessary, to ensure the team is capable and effective in maintenance and repair of equipment
- Manage performance of maintenance team and address deficiencies when necessary
- Monitor and ensure execution of PM tasks, follow up on completion and quality of work
- Document attendance, vacations, etc. and perform other administrative functions for the maintenance team
- Collect and assign maintenance best practices for consistency across all shifts
- Partner with team to identify autonomous maintenance activities in the department
- Responsible for performance feedback, time keeping and PTO systems
- Raise awareness and provide information about ESH responsibilities and duties
- Ensure immediate notification and response, and initiate preventive measures in case of unsafe or polluting hazards
- Demonstrate exemplary personal behavior in ESH and motivate others
- Supports the Continental Business System (CBS ) structure by participating in the applicable CBT meeting, reviewing and managing his/her/team performance, conducting simple problem-solving using action sheets, identifying and implementing improvement opportunities, participating in the CBT reviews, and taking ownership for presented parts of the team boards.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical engineering or Electrical power supply Management or related field
- 2+ years of experience in utilities
- Experience with electrical substation, Power distribution system steam boilers, compressors, chillers, and pump systems
- 3+ years managing a technical team
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Continental is able to offer visa support and relocation for internal candidates.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Sumter location is seeking a Utilities Engineer to join our Engineering Maintenance department. The ideal candidate has excellent communication and leadership skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?