Curing Press Operator
The Curing Press Operator (CO) operates Truck Curing Presses to cure “green” Commercial Truck Tires per specifications. Curing Press Operator is responsible having an assigned truck curing press loaded and having green tires at the press to load. The Curing Operator is responsible for removing empty buggies and stocking full ones at the assigned presses. The Curing Operator must load the correct tire to the correct press. The Curing Operator must operate Spray Booths and Illemberger when required.
1. Curing Operator must be able to effectively communicate with truck tire curing supervision, truck tire curing room set-up, tire-room personnel, and any supplying department.
2. Curing Operator will follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies. Must be certified to operate a Forklift through the Safety Department.
3. Curing Operator must be able to identify and read tire codes for proper placement in the curing presses, operate battery powered equipment to deliver “green” tires to press locations when required.
4. Curing Operator will follow standard practices and perform all work necessary to promptly and accurately obtain quality and quantity production, and keeping work areas neat, clean, aligned, and orderly.
5. Curing Operator must properly load “green” tires to loading pan of curing press observing to ensure proper code of tire is indicated on cure card located on front of curing press, and oriented correctly according to splice.
6.Curing Operator will observe operation of curing press and operate controls as necessary, must be alert to any malfunction, out-of-spec conditions or any extraordinary condition and immediately notify truck curing supervision whenever such conditions occur. Must also monitor the operation of the takeaway conveyor for the assigned row.
7. Curing Operator must be able to receive and understand oral and written instructions, and plan work according to tire inventory and schedule needs.
8. Curing Operator’s time will be accurately and correctly indicated on timecards or time sheets according to operation number, rates, and the number of units cured.
9. Curing Operator must be able to monitor and, if necessary, correct auto green tire delivery system (Hirata) and notify truck curing supervision of any problems.
10. Perform other duties as directed by the Commercial Curing Supervisor or Department Manager.
• Must be able to read and understand written and oral instructions. as to specs, procedures, tolerances, and various construction and quality requirements
• Communicate with other inbound and outbound operators, production operators, and supervision.
• Demonstrates the characteristics of 5S to keep work areas neat, clean, aligned, and orderly.
• Follow all plant policies, environmental policies, and plant and departmental safety policies.
• Drives forklifts and operate other material handling equipment as needed and is responsible for the proper care and safe operation of the material handling equipment.
Heavy work requiring lifting up to 100#s maximum, with frequent lifting and or carrying up to 50 Lbs. Exposed to high heat and dust. Must be able to stand the entire shift, frequently stoop, bend, walk long distances, climb stairs, and can manipulate a commercial truck tire. The push, pull demand is heavy. Full range of motion and the ability to use both arms/hands to perform job is required. Work hours include shift schedules and weekends.
• Performs other duties as directed by the shift leaders or management team.
Work in CBS to support in areas where help is needed to develop the individual and team. Identify opportunities for improvement and uses soft skills to support. Makes yourself aware of the team interaction and performance. Need to work with the new Manufacturing Suite involving WPS/CGRS and TTKS. Ability to learn fast and to work well with the new Manufacturing Suite.
Actively participate in business team meetings, follow-up on efficiency and losses development, improvement of OEE/TEEP, performance goal setting and ensure the CBS approach is being applied within the cross functional business team.
Follow up on correct application of standards with production and support development of Standard operating procedures.
Conduct improvement workshops on the shop floor with production and any other stakeholders within the area of responsibility.
Ensure the implementation of standards according to CBS and ensure that the CBS tools are being applied correctly.
Participate as a champion for the area of responsibility for an area wide initiative such as 5's or TPM.
HS diploma /GED
1- 2 year experience in manufacturing
Willing to work 12-hour rotating shifts – days, nights, and weekends
Willing to Travel
Ability to operate Forklift
• Successful completion of a minimum Work Keys:
- Applied Math 4
- Reading for Information 4
-Locating Information 4
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we’ve been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Clinton, MS location is seeking a Plant Capital Investment Buyer to join our Purchasing team. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?