- Development in the area of frontend (Vue.js) and backend (Python).
- Applying Infrastructure as Code (Terraform & Terragrunt) to build the infrastructure of tomorrow.
- Make use of cloud computing paradigms like FaaS (Lambda), queueing (SQS) and databases (e.g. DynamoDB) to implement new use cases.
- Identification and implementation of new ideas/methods/tools in the area of data storage, computation und visualization.
- Investigation and implementation of new quality and monitoring methods to ensure service quality.
- Consulting and supporting other areas and teams within Continental, acting as an expert in the area of data together with cloud computing.
- Rolling responsibility to ensure availability and provide user support during business hours
- Bachelor/master degree in information technology
- Development practices (CI/CD, git, Jira, trunk based development)
- Knowledge in Databases (SQL,OLTP,OLAP)
- AWS (S3, EBS,Redshift, RDS, DynamoDB,EC2, Lambda, EMR)
- Container technology (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as Code (Terraform & Terragrunt)
- Systematic Problem Solving and consultancy skills
- English Fluent
- BigData Technologies (EMR / Spark/ Redshift) – Relevant
- Microservice und Serverless Architectures – Relevant
- At least 3 years of working experience as DevOps Engineer, experience in driving topics as well organized and structured team player
If you meet the requirements you will hear from us in 15 days
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
This position is staffed within the Continental.datalake team. The Continental.datalake is a cloud based self service analytics platform provided from Continental employees for Continental employees as a world wide offering. The service not only includes storage capabilities but also compute and visualize components. The service utilizes bleeding edge technologies like Cloud Computing and Kubernetes.
As part of the team your main objectives will include improving the service with Infrastructure as Code, improving the development workflow with CI/CD and improving the service quality through SRE pradigms. Working within a self sufficient Scrum team you will be acting autonomously with a large degree of influence on technical decissions.