Global Category Manager - Production Equipment Purchasing (m/f/diverse)
As „Global Category Manager – Production Equipment Purchasing“ you are responsible for the machine investment purchase of miscellaneous machine groups with the Business Area TIRES. You are the Purchasing-Key Account for Tire Technologies and related Services, managing the strategic supplier-portfolio und collaborating with our stakeholders to ensure a maximized value add also beyond negotiation results.
In detail your tasks will be:
- Preparation and execution of high-value, international negotiations for production equipment and related services as worldwide purchasing key account
- Interface and stakeholder management (external suppliers, engineering, controlling, legal and (plant) management)
- Supplier Management
- Analysis of the global supplier market
- Supplier evaluation and execution of supplier audits
- Selection and development of suppliers, particularly focusing on best-cost suppliers
- Creation and implementation of a global intradisciplinary supplier- and sourcing-strategy
- Claim and escalation management
- Contract Management
- Planning, creation and negotiation of high-value, multi-year frame and joint development contracts
- Creation and implementation of new cooperation concepts (e.g., volume contracts with call-offs, outsourcing of emergency remote support)
- Functional management and support of the plant purchasing departments in regard to your area of responsibility
- Support of plant and central functions in the preparation of budgets and capital requests
- Execution of make-or-buy decisions or initiation of value engineering projects
- Academic masters degree in economics, engineering or natural sciences
- Long-term work experience in strategic purchasing, sales, or purchasing related areas as well as a distinct technical understanding
- Expert in conducting complex negotiations
- Excellent communication and intercultural skills
- Experience in strategy development as well as strategy implementation
- A high degree of independence/ownership in acting and decision making
- Experience in project management, preferably as project leader
- Experience in leadership of teams (functional), international context is preferable
- Understanding of business processes of various industrial enterprises
- Profound MS Office skills (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Power BI, OneNote)
- Basic knowledge in SAP applications preferable
- Fluent English skills, German language skills preferable (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel (approx. 20%)
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
We want our employees to do well with us. That's why we offer them not only an exciting job in an international technology group, but also numerous additional offers such as flexible and hybrid working, sabbaticals and other benefits.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.