Sr. Electrical Engineer
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Valparaiso, IN location is seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer to join our team. Salary grading for this role is TBD based on candidate experience in relation to the role.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
• Designs, develops, modifies and evaluates components and processes used in the generation, manipulation, transmission and storage of electricity
• Ensures compliance with necessary codes and standards relevant to the company’s equipment and markets as they relate to product electrical designs.
• Responsible for researching and interrupting additional codes/standards which may become relevant as company expands into new product fields and geographic markets
• Selects components and equipment based on analysis of cost, efficiency, specifications, code requirements and reliability.
• Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of electrical components.
• Owner of electrical designs for all of the location’s products. Approves all changes in electrical designs.
• May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition & Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
• Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering or equivalent field
•5 years of relevant experience required
• Experience using AutoCAD
• Experience designing electrical circuitry and selecting electrical components for use in Industrial equipment
• Experience with PLCs, measuring instrumentation, and varying electrical voltages (120-480v)
• Knowledge of APQP
• Experience with DFMEA process
• Knowledge and experience working with and designing/ensuring compliance with domestic and international design safety and code standards (i.e, NEC, CE, CCC, others)
• Experience with owning/maintaining electrical schematics and designs
• Experience designing electrical systems integrated with smart/IOT solutions (ie., web enabled/touch screen interfaces, etc.)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.