Software Project Manager for Passive Safety and Sensorics (Iasi)
At Continental we are on a mission: to achieve Vision Zero - zero accidents, zero injuries, zero fatalities.
Join our team and bring in your project management skills in order to create together safety systems for intelligent cars. As a Software Project Manager you will lead and coordinate the SW project team, in order to meet the project and customer's timing, requirements and quality targets.
In Passive Safety and Sensorics Business Unit (PSS) we link driving dynamics and surrounding sensors with passive safety systems, in order to develop effective integrated safety concepts.
Do you want to be a Software Project Manager in our group? These should spark your interest:
• Full responsible for SW project from planning through entire development until final validation
• Lead an international software team and represent the SW project towards the Project Management Team, SW Line Management and Customer
• Be part of a team which is leading PSS ECC projects, dampers control for high premium cars
• Ensure that SW project is executed according to valid development processes
• Be capable to propose and implement improvements and new ideas
• Work with latest technologies, microcontrollers and Autosar versions
• Assure implementation of safety and security goals on your projects
• Plan and track all software deliveries and related activities together with the SW core team members according to customer and internal milestones,
• Manage and drive the team to achieve the project goals in terms of scope, timing and quality.
• Lead software requirements engineering from initial analysis through test execution.
• Lead overall software relevant Problem Resolution and Configuration Management
• Plan and perform SW releases including all necessary activities, release documentation and reviews required for final release approval by the SW Release Director.
You will have an assigned mentor the entire integration period that will help you integrate in the organization and guide you towards taking your own responsibilities.
You can be a match to our team if you have:
• University Degree in a relevant field (i.e. Electronics, Computer Science, Physics, Informatics, ...);
• 1 or more years Software Project Management relevant experience;
• Capability to take initiative;
• Good planning and organization skills;
• Good interpersonal skills;
• Ability to structure and decompose complex technical topics in simple and easy subcomponents;
• Knowledge of embedded systems, software architecture and design, software testing;
• Passion to be a part of international team environments;
• Fluent in English (written and spoken).
We would also appreciate the following qualities:
• Ability to work in a distributed team within a dynamic environment;
• Attention to details.
• German language;
• Basic automotive knowledge;
• Automotive development process understanding.
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.