Software Architect for Chassis Control Unit (Iasi)
Do you still fear car accidents? At Continental we are on a mission: to achieve Vision Zero - zero accidents, zero injuries, zero fatalities. Together we can contribute to a safer future. You can do this at Continental on a SW developer role.
In Chassis Control Units (CCU) we are developing products (Suspension ECUs, Master Controller, Axel ECUs) for high end customers, therefore contributing to the improvement of the safe mobility.
As a Software Architect in our group, you’ll have the opportunity to work on products that will be present in the tomorrow’s cars around you.
These should also spark your interest:
• Analyze all project related software requirements coming from customer (external) or Conti (internal);
• Create the software architecture, for projects within the Electronic Power Steering segment, from business unit Motion Technologies and Services (MTS):
o Modeling with IBM Rational Rhapsody in UML/SysML;
o Develop new architectural concepts and platforms (up to ASILD);
o Define or approve software components and interfaces;
o Define the Real-Time Operating System tasks scheduling;
o Perform software safety analysis (e.g. failure tree analysis, memory partitioning analysis, etc.).
• Assure the traceability between software requirements and software architecture; and from software architecture to software detailed designs;
• Support the software validation engineers in creating the software integration test specification, by describing in the architecture interfaces between the software components;
• Review and update the software architecture with the stakeholders, according to project schedules and milestones;
• Inform in real time the project team about any changes performed in the software architecture;
• Constantly check for new software requirements in the project and where missing, write the necessary requirements, prior to their inclusion in the software architecture;
• Participate in projects meetings and support the team in finding the best software implementations, from architectural point of view;
• Collaborate with third-party vendors to evaluate and/or develop key software technologies required to offer comprehensive software development;
• Participate in selection of development/test tools and environments to enhance overall software infrastructure and ecosystem;
• Contribute to the overall software quality by defining best-practice software engineering methods, including specifications, testing guidelines and code-review processes.
You can be a perfect match to our team if:
• You have an engineering degree in a relevant field (Automation and Computer science, Telecommunication, Electronics, Informatics);
• You have relevant experience with embedded software;
• You have experience in international teams;
• You can decompose and understand complex systems;
• You have good English writing, reading and speaking;
• You are innovative and challenge ideas;
• You feel you can contribute to a research and development project.
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.