Sr. Staff Mechanical Engineer
In this role you will be maintaining constant surveillance over all of production manufacturing processes to fuel the design, programming, simulation, building and testing of automated machinery and processes to improve ergonomics, throughput, quality and safety
- Translate production requirements into actionable designs and work to develop viable, robust designs/production tools/equipment to meet or exceed production requirements. Improves operations, incorporating new equipment methods and processes; formulates and recommends manufacturing equipment and procedures, layout, and material handling methods via automation.
- Creates project plans for automation development, including timing that meets customer and/or organization’s requirements.
- Manages own projects throughout their development cycle including timeline and advises supervisor and the organization of progress, changes, and obstacles. Once established, achieves the milestones and deadlines of each project plan. Creates documentation for the introduction of new products and provdes exprtise and training to manufacturing and sales personnel.
- Collaborates with production/manufacturing/facility engineers and other representatives to review new and updated designs to ensure optimum manufacturability.
- Confirms product performance by designing and conducting tests, obtaining customer feed-back, and evaluating product performance in use for the application.
- Works with management and cost accounting as required to provide the necessary decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material/equipment costs for project justification and payback calculations.
- Gathers information and prepares feasibility studies to justify the purchase or building of new equipment required for new products or manufacturing methods.
- Keeps supervisor informed of important developments, potential problems, and related information necessary for effective management of product development and customer relations and support. Plans, coordinates, and communicates activities with others, as appropriate, to ensure a coordinated work effort and “team” approach.
- Stays current on new and/or improved products, techniques, equipment, etc., and other advancements relating to advancements in the industry.
- Performs related work as apparent or assigned
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in mechanical engineering, industrial engineering, agriculture, or other applicable engineering specialty
- At least 3+ years of Mechanical engineering, design, robotics, equipment installation, and motion controls
- Project Manager experience with equipment design, installation and commissioning in a Manufacturing setting
- Working knowledge of Solid Works
- Understanding of Automation and or PLCs
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Must exhibit strong leadership and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with a wide variety of company personnel and others at all levels
- Thorough knowledge of equipment and process engineering, engineering policies, programs, methods and procedures
- Thorough understanding of company products and operations
- Ability to establish and achieve meaningful goals in all assigned areas
- Must display a “sense of urgency” in meeting schedules and solving problems
- Willingness to travel up to 5- 10% for customer research and support activities
- Experience with Rubber and Textiles
- 5+ years of experience in Mechanical engineering, design, robotics, equipment installation , and motion controls
No visa sponsorship is provided for this role.
PHYSICAL/ WORK ENVIRONMENT DEMANDS:
- Frequent sitting ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent standing ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent walking ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Occasional reaching ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Occasional bending/stooping ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Occasional lifting weights ranging from 0-50 pounds .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Will never be required to lift anything over 50 pounds without assistance
- Occasional pushing/pulling ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Continuous fine manipulation ranging from 5.5 to 8 hours per day
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
- The Wahpeton, ND location is seeking a Sr. Staff Mechanical Engineer to join our team.
Podobné pracovné pozície
Industrial Engineering Intern - SMT (Surface Mount Technology)