Area Sales Manager (London and the South East)
The Area Sales Manager for London and the South East is responsible for selling garage equipment in this defined geographical area.
Please note this area includes, London, Kent, Bedfordshire, Essex, Buckinghamshire, Sussex and Surrey.
The focus is on managing the relationship with the equipment distributors ensuring they recommend Continental products. In addition the role also includes speaking directly to the distributor's customers to ensure they select our products.
Main duties include:
- Responsible for the distributors in the defined geographical area maximising the sales of our products to these customers and dealing with any ad hoc issues.
- Visit the distributors and the distributors customers, as well as making contact by phone, email, etc. to keep them informed on products and services offered by Continental.
- Liaise with Service Team to ensure a smooth installation of garage equipment.
- Attend shows that are being attended by Continental, as well as shows attended by our distributors to help with lead generation.
- Support sales with demonstration, exhibition and negotiation in order to achieve targets.
- Prepare quotations for customers and negotiate the price of our equipment with the customer to maximise sales and profit of the complete brand(s) product range.
- Feedback to the sales and marketing teams any market intelligence, including products and services being offered by our competitors.
- Develop and undertake presentations to enhance the company’s image and increase sales.
- Report sales pipeline and opportunities to management.
- Consistently analyse the business in the London & South East territory, including customer spending on both branded products and competitors products in order to benefit the business.
- Build effective business relationships with customers at all levels.
- Experience in Engineering Sales preferred.
- Proven sales experience within the Automotive market.
- Knowledge of the garage equipment market would be advantageous.
- The ability to demonstrate targets & responsibilities achievement.
- Preferably someone from an OEM Background or comparable.
- Previous experience of working with international teams both internal or external.
- Experience of working on cross sector and cross functional projects.
- Experience of leading teams/people would be an advantage but not essential.
What we offer:
- A competitive salary package with annual "Value Sharing Bonus" paid to all employees.
- A generous contributory pension scheme.
- Healthcare cash back scheme.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- 33 days holiday.
- Employee discounts on Continental tyres and other products.
- Death in service insurance.
- Free on-site parking.
- Flexible working.
- On-going training and excellent personal development opportunities.
- Birthdays off.
- Discount on gym membership for you and your partner.
- Access to Perks and Activity discounts.
- Free Thrive app access.
- Workwear provided annually.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Purchase more holiday days.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.