The R&D Controller is responsible for supporting and driving financial results in the area of Research, Development & Engineering by providing accurate, timely and transparent information to stakeholders. Tasks include Monthly Closing, Forecasting, Budgeting, KPI's and all relevant information for decision making. The R&D Controller plans, implements and controls improvement actions, systems, tools and processes to drive R&D Excellence.
Main Tasks :
▪ R&D effort estimation & controlling for projects in SW domain
▪ Investment & Budget planning for Resource, Tools▪ Budget adherence
▪ Resource and Effort optimization▪ Establish AM and project specific development process and Live the process
▪ Establish the KPIs and ensure their improvements
▪ Contributes to overall process definition and improvement
▪ Contribute to the AM Market Roadmap and drive the Vision with team▪ Actively participate on the quote kick-off & review meetings.
▪ Lead the innovations in SW domain
▪ Identify Key technology / Key opportunities for the region in SW domain▪ Planning the right Architecture/Design Strategies annd Reuse concept collaborating with all stakeholders
▪ Collaboration and Tracking involving multiple stakeholders, partners
▪ Communicates with project team, higher management, and customers in order to exchange information and identify improvement opportunities▪ Increase customer satisfaction by meeting the design and quality expectations
▪ Participate in customer events
▪ Collaboration with external Engineering partners towards Scope agreement, Functional requirements and quality
▪ Collaboration with all Software Teams and across other Discipline teams for alignment for common goals and resolving dependencies Employee development
▪ Leading and steering
▪ Provide strategic direction and vision in the area of work
▪ Build transparency and Conti values
▪ Diversity management
▪ Build the necessary competence to execute the projects
▪ Guide and coach colleagues
▪ Retention management▪ Increase the maturity and efficiency in Software Engineering team
▪ Establish strong cooperation with all stakeholder locations
▪ Recruit and train engineers as required for the projects▪ Continuous improvements and innovation
▪ Participate in AM Market JKI and TCI initiatives▪ Be part of task force to support Critical project situations
▪ Contribute towards CSR initiatives.
Masters or Degree in finance
- V cycle methodology
- Strong in Programming language C/Capl/Python or any automation scripts
- Good knowledge in the CAN protocol, diagnostics, UDS, Vector tools like CANoe, CAN HW.
- Good System knowledge in the present project and automotive knowledge
- DOORS, IMS and Jira
- Very good communication skills.
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Quality Oriented – ensuring high quality in the work products/testing.
- Ability to build trust and collaborate with diverse team.
- Self-reflecting and eager to grow and develop.
- Good Team Player / Listener/ Innovation focused
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.