Team Lead (Mechanical Assembler) / 2nd Shift / Site 2
- Perform as the operational lead for the shift in the absence of the shift supervisor.
- Assign people and organize the work force to ensure production schedules are met with most efficient utilization of manpower.
- Prepare and document records for efficiency, scrap, quality, and safety.
- Review material pull systems to ensure supply of materials.
- Anticipate production and line changeover requirements and plan accordingly.
- Responsible for working with maintenance technicians and manufacturing engineers to maintain assembly lines.
- Responsible for interfacing with quality technicians on the shift to ensure all production meets proper specifications.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe work environment by proactively identifying and resolving any safety issues.
- Responsible for communication with other shift supervisors, production superintendent, and other departments regarding issues/status/performance during a given shift.
- Operate assembly stations as directed and perform assembly according to operator instructions and critical visual inspection requirements. Including load/unload and scan/pack units.
- Operate specific mechanical tools for both part assembly and tear down.
- Stage “work in process” in assigned location. Operate Scan & Pack work stations including being able to conduct product changeovers and follow packing work instructions.
- Become qualified to operate Safe Launch packing station.
- Assure cleanliness of parts and work area. Clean station at scheduled PM and additionally as needed.
- Must be aware of scrap and rework cost.
- Analytical Skills
- Intermediate computer skills
- Ability to work effectively in a fast paced environment where heavy lifting is required
- Ability to effectively read, write, and communicate in English.
- Operate mechanical hand tools
- Ability to perform work in cooperation with multiple work team members.
- Ability to lift on a repetitive basis 35lbs and 50lbs on an occasional basis
- Current Site 2 Employee
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we're changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart and sustainable. Our Morganton, NC location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented individual to join our team. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.