R&D Design Manager for Hydraulic Brake Systems
Lead the product design engineering group in development of brake products, support of technical resolution with our suppliers, customers and plant, and in their professional and technical development. Establishing plans and strategies for technical analysis and validation activities to meet requirements, milestones and product safety. Develop engineering team to increase technical knowledge for support plants, suppliers and customer.
•Fluent English (written & spoken)
•Bachelors degree in Engineering (mechanical engineering basis preferred)
• Solid demonstrated experience in product design/development (expected > 8 years). Experience with Hydraulic brake products preferred. Experience in the automotive industry preferred.
• Knowledge of Material Life Cycle.
• Knowledge on manufacturing process
• High competence on trouble solving
• Aptitude for leadership
• Experience leading a project/product development
• Experience communicating and working with international teams
• Management skills
• Knowledge and experience working according IATF 16949 standard
• Negotiation skills and customer service
• Valid Passport & USA Visa
▪ Coordinate and manage meetings and discussions with worldwide for development and launching projects
▪ Manage timings for projects, tasks and activities to meet deadlines
▪ Coordinate engineering team on document preparation and perform reviews with the customers and plants through the different development phases.
▪ Lead and assign the necessary manpower
▪ Evaluate and support on product localization and Cost reduction projects
▪ Evaluate and update of new specifications and procedures from the corporation, plant and business unit
▪ Prepare information for Quotations (Technical Product Definition, Presentations, product layout)
▪ Coordinate with the engineering team leaders the preparation and timing plan for technical quote package.
▪ Plan project/program hours for the group and assure enough resources for development and validation activities.
▪Establish lean methods in order to reduce development time
• Foster teamwork and focusing on results
• Lead design coordinators and group promoting good working environment
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.