Sr Software Engineer
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in automated driving. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable. Our Auburn Hills, MI location is seeking Sr. Software Engineer to join our team.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The Sr Software Engineer is responsible for designing and developing software for different VED functionalities (ABS, AYC, TCS, EPB, etc.). An ideal candidate needs to have experience working with complex, multi-component software projects, with the objective of delivering high-quality Software to our customers. As Software Engineer you will be responsible for on-time quality delivery. You will be working in VED projects that develop products with the objective of Saving Lives.
- Responsible for requirement analysis collected by Functions/Systems Engineering teams
- Prepare the SW Detailed Design specification to meet the functional and non-functional requirements
- Design the test procedure and the code logic to ensure that the design specification is fulfilled
- Deliver the work products (design documentation, embedded C code, test specification and test results) according to our internal processes and ensuring traceability
- Contribute to the effort estimation during the project quotation phase and during the development cycles
- Answer technical questions along the project for the area of responsibility
- Participate in the knowledge sharing within the team
- Participate in Engineering and Product Development meetings
- Track, assign and close open issues
- Provide support to Vehicle application teams for identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans
- Execute Software tasks per Continental PLC Procedure
- Being part of a multinational team of engineers and responsible for software deliverables
- Ensure end to end software deliverables for the area of responsibility, according to customer/internal milestones, required scope and quality
- Assure that the SW project is run according to the valid development processes (Internal Processes, ASPICE, ISO26262, etc.)
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- 2 -5 years in Software Development experience
- Knowledge of the SW development process, tools, methods (i.e. PTC Integrity, IBM Jazz, DOORS, Git/GitHub, etc.) and industrialization
- Knowledge of Structured problem-solving methodologies (e.g., 8D problem solving methodology)
- Proactively seeking out open issues and actively persuading global team members to close them out, not waiting for things to happen
- Willing to travel overseas for training and/or projects on short notice
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to build relationships
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
- Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
- Master Degree in in Computer Science/Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related discipline
- 5-7 years in Software Development experience
- Experience in Agile development process is a plus
- Experience in Automotive Engineering field is a plus
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Our Auburn Hills, MI locations is seeking a Sr Software Engineer to join our Vehicle Dynamics (VED) team.