Supervise a measurement laboratory of VED valve blocks. Maintain the integrity of the process, the quality of the process and minimize failures and downtime. Scope includes all aspects of lab operation and scheduling.
- Responsible for the supervision of CMM Operators, ensuring that all individuals are trained and cross trained on equipment, safety procedures, quality, and production function.
- Responsible for working with Quality Engineers to diagnose issues and develop solutions.
- Assign people and organize the work force to ensure production schedules are met with the most efficient utilization of manpower.
- Prepare and document records for efficiency, scrap, quality and safety.
- Responsible for appraisals, training, absenteeism and tardiness documentation of operators.
- Provide input into the hiring of new people and the transfer of existing employees. Work closely with the employee relations function to assure fairness and conformity in the administration of company policy and procedures, rules and regulations.
- Compliance to all Continental and Culpeper plant permits, policies and procedures including, but not limited to, environmental, health, safety, security, ISO 14001 and Environmental Management systems, IATF 16949 and Quality Management Systems, Human Resources policies, and Continental Business System elements.
- Anticipate upcoming demands and changes in requirements of the laboratory operation.
- Other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or 4+ equivalent years of experience.
• General knowledge of development and/or manufacturing processes (e.g.: PFMEA processes, Control Plan, AIAG PPAP, APQP)
• 2+ years of relevant Quality experience
• Knowledge of ISO 14001, IATF 16949, and Problem-Solving tools (5Why, Ishikawa, A3, and 8D, etc.)
Knowledge of CMM Machines and Programming
Excellent computer skills (MS Office, SAP/BOM)
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Knowledge of ABS system, components and functionality
Proven leadership ability; effective disciplining skills
Lean manufacturing techniques
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.