ADAS/Autonomous Mobility Algorithms Development Engineer
Autonomous Mobility for You. Anywhere. Anytime. This is our vision, and in the Autonomous Mobility (AM) business area, we bring together all the competencies needed to make this vision a reality, and to put autonomous systems on the road. We strongly believe that Autonomous Mobility will enhance the quality of life of people and will increase the safety in the roads.
As an Algorithm Development Engineer, you will be shaping the mobility of the future by contributing to the development of Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS). In particular, you will be responsible for the design, development, maintenance, and optimization of algorithms used for Environment Perception and Driving Functions, which may be deployed in radar, camera, sensor fusion, and/or vehicle control systems, which will go into series production in the next few years.
You will actively work with internal and external engineering teams to bring high-quality products into production, ensuring that the implemented algorithms meet both internal and customer requirements. You may be required to work on multiple projects or roles, depending on project needs. Your work will support our environment perception stack, which is then used to enable Driving Functions, developed either internally or by our customers. You might support the development of the Driving Functions as well. Examples of Driving Functions that our team has worked on or supported with our sensors are Blind Spot Detection, Rear Cross Traffic Alert and Braking, Lane Change Assist, and Emergency Brake Assist, among others.
- Analyze measurement data from test vehicles using simulation tools and advanced data analysis techniques, to solve issues and/or optimize the performance of our algorithms.
- Develop/calibrate embedded ADAS sensing and driving functions algorithms.
- Collaborate effectively with multiple engineering teams (internal and external)
- Technical alignment with internal project team and customers.
- Ensure on-time delivery of software deliverables and achievement of project objectives.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of customer and product requirements. Manage said requirements, including analysis, customer clarification, and traceability.
- Contribute to software quality and project releases through participation in unit verification, code reviews, risk assessments, ASPICE Audits, etc., following Continental's development process.
- Bachelor’s degree in related engineering field: Computer Science, Mechatronics, Physics, Mathematics, etc.
- Fluent communication in English (TOEIC 900+).
- Analytical thinking. Strong problem-solving abilities.
- Proficient at implementing algorithms with C/C++ programming. Experience developing complex software.
- Skilled at analyzing large sets of data using Python and/or MATLAB.
- Professional experience in the field of engineering and product development.
- Solid knowledge of signal processing, prediction, tracking, and classification algorithms for computer vision, machine learning etc.
- Customer and quality orientation.
- Experience in software development in the automotive industry. Familiarity with ASPICE, the V-model and requirements engineering.
- Familiarity with application lifecycle management tools (i.e., JIRA, GitHub)
- Willingness to work on different sensor and system products and serve many different roles based on project needs.
- Self-motivated, with an ability to work within a team or autonomously.
- M.S./Ph.D. degree in related engineering field: Computer Science, Mechatronics, Physics, Mathematics, etc.
- Knowledge of control theory and algorithms.
- Experience in AGILE development methods.
- Development experience with radar and camera sensors and algorithms.
- First experience in project management, customer communication or technical leadership is beneficial.
- Knowledge on ASIL and Functional Safety
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services