Purchasing Collaboration Manager MRO – Standard Parts & Components in „Corporate Indirect Materials Purchasing” (TM)
The Global Purchasing Collaboration Manager MRO is responsible for the worldwide strategic purchasing on product groups of mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical / electronic components, office supplies, protective and safety equipment, hand tools linear technology, gases, lubricants and chemicals for all divisions and affiliated companies in the Continental group, with focus on driving of purchasing collaboration projects.
The global approach creates an added value for all Business Units in terms of commercial, logistical and even technical enhancements, i.e. sustainable total cost reduction, support quality initiatives for internal customers, prolongation of payment terms, warranty and liability optimization, ensuring the worldwide availability of materials and services, data transparency and process improvements as well as strengthening of relationship to strategic Business Partners (internally and externally).
SOURCING PURCHASING COLLABORATION PROJECTS: Identify, initiate, accompany and tender global purchasing collaboration Projects in cooperation with Regional Purchasing and internal customers (i.e. Engineering, Operations, EHS, Facility Management, Controlling, Corporate Functions)
POOLING & SUPPLIER REDUCTION: Drive the Execution of Market Intelligence studies and ensure the ideal balance of Competition and Pooling through e.g. supplier reduction and implementation of strategic suppliers to achieve a maximum cost reduction contribution and best possible synergy effects within the purchasing collaboration partners.
SUPPLIER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT: Identify, develop and promote Global Strategic Suppliers based on SRM requirements and considering the CSP definitions. Conduct Strategic Supplier Meetings helping to achieve further benefits in the future. Assure the implementation of favorable negotiated prices, terms and conditions in all relevant countries
CONTRACTS: Negotiate new and existing Global Price and Framework Agreements in legal, logistical, commercial and partly even technical terms (Requirement Books, Specifications, Standards) in close alignment with stakeholders and steer the implementation in respective regions
KPI’s: Define, implement and track relevant KPI´s in coordination with Regional Purchasing on a global scale according the Corporate Target & KPI settings
COMPLIANCE: Ensure Compliance with Business Partner Code of Conduct and Continental Code of Conduct
This position is reporting to the Global Cluster Manager MRS.
- Academic degree in business administration, engineering or comparable qualification;
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in Purchasing (or similar functions) of large companies with international background, respective material group preferred;
- Experience in project management;
- Knowledge of MS Office tools as well as in SAP R/3 and World Class Sourcing Platforms;
- Very good English language skills written and spoken;
- Affinity for cooperation with people and intercultural competences;
- Strong negotiating skills, persuasion and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure, driving execution;
- Creativity, reliability, integrity, teamwork, operates with global perspective;
- Willingness to travel worldwide.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
- Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
- Relocation Bonus for non-Timisoara Residents;
- Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
- Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
- Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
- Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
- In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
- Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
- Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
- Free Language Courses (English, German, French etc);
- Access to e-learning platforms;
- Career development opportunities (local and international);
- Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc.)
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.