Sr. Quality Engineer
- Quality activities in a manufacturing environment including quality systems improvement, documentation of quality requirements, training of the personnel. Use the tools of quality and other statistical methods to solve manufacturing problems. Provide analysis and judgment to production regarding acceptability of product for customer use.
- Manage Complaint Management for Blow mold by further developing the complaint process. Coordinate the containment activity for controlling suspect product issues as a result of internal or external sources.
- Support new product introduction and investigation activities including review of PFMEA and initial control plans, including participation in APQP as of needed. Assist & co-ordinate activities of PPAP documentation for the all manufacturing area’s and oversee complete PPAP function for new and existing projects.
- Review control plans and gauges for Blow Mold manufacturing area and for improvements. Direct Gauge R&R studies to assure effective gauge implementation and improvement.
- Problem solving analysis for customer and supplier defects, create countermeasure reports, and present as required. Utilize 5Why, 8D and other similar analysis methods to assure deep analysis and system wide countermeasure implementation.
- Develop, maintain and improve the entire dashboard for overview of the scrap and Key performance indicators for Quality. Participate in and assist in effective analysis and corrective measures for scrap and internal defects.
- Support the Quality team as an SAP key user.
- Participate in the Internal system, product, process, dock Auditing Program.
- Provide expertise in SPC concepts including process stability, capability, and reaction to “statistically out of control” situations.
- Set quality objectives and related trainings, corrective and preventative actions and product design and development.
- Manage and develop calibrations for all measurement devices including maintaining Gage Track, physical examinations of tooling, scrap and replace as needed. Ensure there is an adequate supply of measurement devices to support the production requirements.
- Redesigns or adjusts measurement capability to minimize errors (MSA). Develops calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements.
- Maintains work schedules, may conduct work group meetings to relay management information to workers, and solicit response to work-related problems. Demonstrate knowledge of efficient and safe manufacturing operations to include product and associate safety, OSHA standards.
- Assign workers to proper cells and monitors department activities at Assembly / plastic area; demonstrates tools, equipment, and work aids used in performing quality assurance tasks and making sure that headcount is aligned properly between the departments.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Mechanical/Industrial Engineering
- 3+ years QA experience manufacturing environment
- Worked with Control Plans, FMEA, Process Flow Charts, MSA, SPC, 8D. Knowledge of Statistical software-Minitab. Good MS Office programs and SAP ERP. Knowledge of APQP VDA
- Technical Knowledge - Capable of effectively applying technical knowledge to solve a range of problems
- Able to work independently within the team. Keen interest in data analysis. Team spirit and social capabilities are important. Work diligently and accurately with a great sense for detail. Interested in projects that will support production processes and testing for product development. English reading, writing is basic; oral English communication skills.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
Graduate in Science, Mechanical or Chemistry
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Somersworth, NH location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented Quality Engineer to join our team. Are you ready to shape the future with us.
Podobné pracovné pozície
Customer Quality Specialist (Ford, CVS, & Tier1)