The Environmental Safety & Health (ESH) Intern’s primary responsibility is to support the activities of the ESH Specialist through continuous improvement activities and projects in Environmental, Health, Safety department. In addition, the intern will conduct reporting and analysis activities for ESH related topics. This is a part-time Intern position (6-20 hours per week) during the semester, leading into a full-time Intern position (40 hours per week) during the summer months at our Snowdrift Road location and supporting our Grant Way location.
· Update the Safety Data Sheets (SDS) book, and audit to assure completeness
· Work with the ESH Specialist in the development of Training Materials utilizing Safetrack software
· Develop ESH Data Metrics and enter into the Safetrack software
· Assist with the development of ESH Policies and Procedures
· Review current ESH Procedure for accuracy and completeness
· Assist with the development of Job Safety Analysis (JSA) for all warehouse jobs
· Perform Hazard Assessments for Personal Protective Equipment for all warehouse jobs
· Develop Lockout/Tagout Work Instructions for all warehouse equipment and update procedure
· Assist with the development of OHSAS written requirements, and implementation of those requirements
· Assist with improvements to the current Safety Committee Program
· Update emergency evacuation maps
· Provide ESH training administrative support
· Attend Safety Panel meetings and follow through corrective action completion
· Provide Warehouse/Distribution ESH project support
· Conduct 5S Audits and improvement activities for the warehouse and office areas
· Ability to work effectively on a team
· Ability to take initiative and innovate
· Attention to detail and adherence to quality
· Knowledge of ESH improvement tools
· Strong communication skills
· Strong quantitative and analytical skills
· High School Diploma or GED
· Must be enrolled in an accredited degree program (2 or 4yr degree) pursuing Associates or Bachelor’s degree in an Occupational Health and Safety related major, Environmental Studies, or Business Administration
· Minimum GPA 2.8
· Ability to read, write, and speak English
· Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity.
· Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
· Experience in Manufacturing or Distribution
· Knowledge of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 Regulations
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.