Work with New Product Launch Manager to prepare and coordinate pre-production builds of new products. This includes all aspects of preparation, including gathering required components, ensuring the associated traceability systems are setup correctly, etc. Executing a successful pre-production build and assisting with startup and line issue (machinery, programs, set-ups, additional testing, etc). Assist with packing and shipping of produced product.
• Attends pre-build meetings for all proto and pre-pilot builds
• Work with NPLM (New Products Launch Manager) to define type of build, models being built, and quantity
• Run material availability report from SAP and work with NPLM and buyers or design team to bring in components that are short
• Identify inventory discrepancies and work with Line Planner to make inventory adjustments
• Check for feeder availability and ensure they are in good condition and properly labeled
• Pull parts from stock, quarantine, etc., adjust SAP if required. Properly identify and label parts unique to area. Document the source and location of unique parts. Label pre-production material accordingly
• Ensure the tooling (Stencil, Vacuum Plates, ICT fixtures etc.) needed for builds are available on the floor
• Check and provide feedback to NPLM on line documentation prior to the build
• Load unique parts on feeders and stage prior to build for efficient changeover
• Identify and stage any 2nd source components
• Assist NPLM with startup and line issue (machinery, programs, set-ups, oven profiles) and be available during the build
• Tracks all units through the final assembly processes and documents pertinent data during build
• Ensure the product is scrapped out of the system
• Assist with packing and shipping of produced product
• Remove all unqualified material, new product documentation & equipment from the floor
• Report any problems found during the build to the NPLM
• High School Diploma or GED
• Applicant must be willing to work in the cleanroom and comply with TX05WI-4782 “LPS Cleanroom Operations” this includes section 5.3
• Min 1+ year - Knowledge of Surface Mount Technology (SMT) machines
No relocation offered for this position.
No Visa offered for this position.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS:
• Must be able to lift up to 40lbs unassisted, Must be able to stand for periods up to 10+ hrs
• Must be able to push & pull (racks), reach, twist, turn, stoop, and walk, stand for 10+ hrs
• 1+ year - Knowledge of Backend Automation/Test Processes
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
• Basic knowledge of SAP
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving. Join the Continental team that manufactures products that save lives everyday!
Podobné pracovné pozície
Maintenance Technician (1st Shift/Days)
Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift/Nights)