Development Engineer Plastics
In your role as Development Engineer Plastics (m/f/diverse) you will develop new product technologies in terms of material, design and process. For that purpose you will manage and implement advanced developed projects effectively. Your role will also include the following activities:
- Management of development projects for plastics products including design, material and process
- Close cooperation with our TechCenters for Injection Moulding, Extrusion, Mould Manufacturing and Plastics Compounding as well as our Testing Laboratories
- Concept evaluation by using design validation plans, FMEAs and risk analysis
- Interpretation of part and process simulation results
- Support material selection and derive material specifications from application requirements
- Preparation of calculations for business case considerations
- Worldwide process support, test planning, execution and evaluation
- Collaboration in the creation of guidelines, FMEAs, and Problem Solving Projects
- Completed engineering degree in the field of mechanical engineering, product development or plastics technology
- Knowledge in the development of new plastic components or materials. Work experience is preferred, but not mandatory
- Excellent analytical skills and solution-oriented, proactive way of working
- Ability to communicate confidently and effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Familiar with creative methods in the concept phase
- Project management skills
- Business-fluent German and English language skills (written and spoken) and willingness to work in an international team
- Willingness to travel (10%)
- Passion for plastic products
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.
The ContiTech group sector develops and manufactures, for example, cross-material, environmentally friendly and intelligent products and systems for the automotive industry, railway engineering, mining, agriculture and other key industries. Guided by the vision of “smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber,” the group sector draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services.