Maintenance Technician 3rd Shift
- Uses testing equipment to diagnose mechanical tool and electronic problems/malfunctions in machinery and equipment. Identifies and troubleshoots electrical, HVAC and other failures/malfunctions in building systems, etc.
- Demonstrated competent use of applicable tools for the following tasks as required:
- Performs mechanical tool installation and repair work including replacing/rebuilding – Hydraulic components
- Pneumatic components
- Performs electronic/electrical installation and repair work including –
- Electrical motor servo-drive feedback
- HVAC and building wiring systems
- Electrical component retro-fitting
- Evaluates the need for outside assistance and recommends appropriate action to supervisor
- Coordinates with supervisor and purchasing agent to requisition required parts and supplies for repair work.
- Assists Management and Purchasing in coordinating outside services and in directing/monitoring contract work.
- Preventative Maintenance support and participation
- Assists in the development and implementation of an effective plant-wide preventative maintenance program.
- Performs preventative maintenance services consistent with established program and schedule to plant machinery and equipment. This typically includes: adding/changing coolants, lubricants and filters, greasing, cleaning exteriors, tightening and adjusting machine components, etc.
- Fabricates guards, shields, tables, stands, and other devices, as apparent or assigned, to improve the safety and/or operational features of machines.
- Performs general maintenance and repair work, as assigned, including painting, plumbing, carpentry, mounting benches, installing ballasts and replacing light bulbs, etc.
- Performs facility maintenance projects as apparent or assigned.
- Maintains work area in a neat and orderly condition. Works safely and complies with all established safety rules and work practices.
- Maintains oils, chemicals and other storeroom items in a safe and orderly manner. Keeps supervisor informed of inventory levels and ensures that all chemicals are properly identified and stored.
- Maintains records/reports as required.
- Keeps supervisor informed of job-related problems and other information related to work activity.
- Complies with company, department and section policies and procedures as applicable.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
- G.E.D. or H.S. Diploma
- 4 + years of related industrial maintenance and repair experience.
- Ability to read and interpret equipment designs and specifications.
- Ability to effectively diagnose and troubleshoot problems or potential problems.
- Knowledge of outside contractors and the ability to coordinate outside contract activity.
- Displays a positive attitude and strong desire to learn and grow.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide variety of company personnel, outside contractors and others.
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow.
- Successfully completed all company training as required.
- High school graduate/GED plus at least 2 years of technical training with course work in mechanical maintenance, electronics, and electrical repair.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.
The Wahpeton, ND location is seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our team.