Hardware Designer in Series Production - Internship for PSS (Iasi)
Do you still see future cars consisting in a driver and passengers? Do you still fear for car accidents? Well, we don’t anymore! Each one of us can contribute to a better future. You can do this on a daily basis on a Hardware Designer Internship role.
Continental has been pursuing the long-term strategy of Vision Zero for years, innovating solutions that contribute to greater road safety and that’s why accident prevention and protection of drivers and passengers in collisions are all focal points in vehicle development. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensorics.
More important, one research and development branch inside Continental - Passive Safety and Sensorics (PSS) - concentrates in Iasi in developing state of the art active suspension systems that improves the dynamic stability of the vehicle and enhances the lateral vehicle stability when cornering.
As an intern in our team, your daily activity will be in the field of designing and developing digital and analog electrical circuits, calculating, simulating, analyzing the function of components in various circuits and realize different testing situations using specific tools like PS Spice, Eagle.
Do you want to be part of a young and dynamic team on an Internship role? These should spark your interest:
• Carry out the design of the electronic modules (analog and digital);
• Create documentation for development: specifications, reports;
• Create Component Analysis, perform calculations, simulations for electronic circuits;
• Analyze various projects schematic;
• Perform EMC , Thermal, and Electrical analyses for required testing;
• Support customers, project managers and production sites;
• Collaborate with the system, software and mechanical teams in numerous applications;
• Support to ensure the continuous production of ECUs in several plants with HW expertise;
• Take initiative in proposing solutions for various situations in order to assess the technical risks on projects;
• Create technical analysis for component changes in projects
• Work and collaborate with colleagues around the globe;
With support from our experts, you can also have the possibility to work on your own Bachelor Thesis!
You can be a perfect match to our team if you:
• Are enrolled in the 4th year of studies or are a graduate in a relevant field (i.e. Electronics and Telecommunications, Electrotechnics, Medical Bioengineering, Automatics and Computer Science);
• Have basic knowledge of electronic circuits behavior;
• Have basic knowledge of measurement techniques and working with electronics equipment’s (power supply, oscilloscope, signal generator, multimeter);
• Have a good English level (reading, writing and speaking);
It is a plus:
• Basic knowledge about automotive technologies;
• Basic knowledge about Electromagnetic Compatibility;
• Basic functional safety knowledge;
• Experience with laboratory equipment’s (oscilloscope, power supply, multimeter etc.);
What we offer :
• A motivating salary (based on performance & involvement);
• Integration program in a professional, young & dynamic team;
• A mentor for your learning period;
• Flexible working hours for your studies;
• Employee discount for local vendors;
• Health & wellness;
• Employee events;
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.