Thermal Simulation Engineer for AM (Iasi)
Your main responsibilities and tasks will be:
- Analyze customer requirements that are relevant for thermal management.
- Perform Thermal FEA simulations (static and dynamic) for AM products (ADCU, lidar, radar, camera) regarding thermal optimization.
- Propose design improvements for mechanical, HW and Layout based on FEA simulations results and/or experience.
- Create reports intended for different purposes (for customer, internal, management or educational), while being able to adjust the level of details and complexity for each one.
- Calibrate the Thermal FEA simulations with the real-life tests.
- Involved in real life thermal tests.
You can be a perfect match if you have:
- A university degree in a relevant field (e.g., Mechanics/ Mechatronics, Physics, Mathematics, Machine Manufacturing or Material Science)
- Previous work experience in a relevant field (minimum 2-3 years)
- Heat flow theory / Thermal transfer modeling and calculations
- Thermal simulation software (FloTHERM, Ansys IcePack – good experience with at least one tool)
- FEM simulation principles
- Materials properties and behavior
- PCB material parameters and fabrication technology
- Mechanical CAD tools (Catia, ProE - basic)
- Power electronics design principles
- Ability to communicate clearly and quickly complex ideas or concepts
- Organizational and time management skills
- Self-learning capabilities
- High level of commitment and motivation
- Attention to detail
- Good English language skills (written and spoken)
- Background in design of electronic automotive equipment is a plus
- Fluid dynamics is a plus
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries & financial benefits;
- Flexible working time;
- Health & wellness (Life Assurance, Private Health and Dental Insurance, Sport activities, Canteen etc.);
- Professional Development Opportunities (in Technical and Managerial Area);
- Work with the state-of-the-art equipment and technology;
- International Work Environment & Traveling Opportunities;
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
As Thermal Simulation Engineer you will be integrated within FEA team and work at the development of new AM (Autonomous Mobility) products, as well for customization of existing components for different OEMs.