TT Stock Prep Setup Technician
Setup and adjust all Truck Tire Cutting, BAC/ Apex bead machines equipment to specification for quality and production.
Essential Functions (in order of job importance):
1. Make surveillance of assigned machines to maintain productive efficiency and utilize skills to reduce downtime on equipment.
2. Utilize electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic knowledge to setup, detect, adjust and correct cutting, bead building equipment and troubleshoot robot AVGs.
3. Make Drum changes per schedule and make drum set adjustments for all BAC units, as directed by supervisor.
4. Supervise and audit building of first BAC beads after setup changes or adjustments to insure setup is to specification and approve for production.
5. Troubleshoot and make adjustments to machines.
6. Maintain accurate daily records on each machine so that a history of all breakdowns, changes, adjustments and other pertinent information is documented for reference.
7. Effectively communicate with Setup Supervisor, Floor Supervisor, Shift Supervisor and other Setup Technicians when any malfunction or breakdown occurs.
8. Perform routine scheduled MTC checks and corrections.
9. Perform work as directed by Shift Supervision, Setup Supervisor and/or Department Manager related to machine efficiency and high quality production.
NOTE: May not be inclusive of all work required and may be updated as needed.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
* Immediate Benefits
* Paid Time Off
* Tuition & Employee Discounts
* Annual Bonus
* Employer 401(k) Match
* And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader
High School Diploma/GED and 1 year Continental Manufacturing experience or 2 years mechanical experience.
Authorization to work in the U.S.
Previous manufacturing experience or Associates Degree
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental Tire has been around for nearly 150 years, we've been changing the way the world moves while making it more safe, smart, sustainable and accessible to all. Our Mt. Vernon, IL location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented TT Stock Prep Setup Tech to join our group. The ideal candidate has excellent communication skills, is dependable and accountable.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?