Working Student - Material Simulation (m/f/diverse)
Within an exciting R&D environment, we are looking for a working student (m/f/diverse) with a weekly working time of 20 hours starting in February 2023 for up to 12 months.
The job is situated in Hanover but can also be done remote anywhere in Germany with occasional trips to Hanover.
As a working student (m/f/diverse), your tasks will include the following activities:
- Solve real-world problems in material with computational approaches such as molecular dynamics, quantum chemistry and machine learning
- Generate knowledge and insights at the molecular level by designing and building computational chemistry pipelines
- Use simulation to model different chemical reactions in different environments
- Implementing creative virtual screening strategies for lead generation
- Literature searches, preparation of summaries, reports and presentations
- Working collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team including chemists, physicists and compound developers
- Currently, pursuing studies in materials science, polymer science, mechanical engineering, chemical engineering, chemistry, physics, computer science, or other related fields
- Experience with quantum chemistry, molecular dynamics, computational materials science, and/or machine learning in chemistry or materials science
- Experience with programming languages (MATLAB, C++, Fortran, Python or equivalent)
- Confident handling MS Office-Programs
- Fluent English language skills
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving capabilities
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including the ability to explain complex technical topics
Additional desired qualifications:
- Experience in modelling reaction mechanisms
- Experience with computational chemistry software such as Gaussian, Material Studio, GROMACS, etc.
- Knowledge in integrating machine learning and computational chemistry systems
Please remember to upload your current enrolment certificate as well as your current overview of grades and conditions of study, as these are absolutely necessary for the processing of your application!
Applications from severely handicapped people are welcome.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. With its premium portfolio in the car, truck, bus, two-wheel and specialty tire segment, the Tires group sector stands for innovative solutions in tire technology. Intelligent products and services related to tires and the promotion of sustainability complete the product portfolio. For specialist dealers and fleet management, Tires offers digital tire monitoring and tire management systems, in addition to other services, with the aim of keeping fleets mobile and increasing their efficiency. With its tires, Continental makes a significant contribution to safe, efficient and environmentally friendly mobility.