Part-time Human Resources (HR) Internship
The Human Resources Internship at Continental is a once in a lifetime opportunity to support a new facility start-up located in New Braunfels, Texas. The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving. The HR Internship position is a developmental role to gain practical experience in a human resource function and support the needs of the Human Relations (HR) Department. In this capacity, the HR Intern will contribute to successful HR operations for the new facility site. This position is scheduled to be ongoing throughout the spring, summer, and fall semesters.
• Support workforce by assisting employees with questions and walk-in/phone inquiries including but not limited to benefits, payroll, policies, procedures etc.
• Support recruitment to include managing internal and external candidate flow systems, screening resumes, interview scheduling, attending career fairs and other duties as assigned
• Participate in planning and execution of employer branding and community engagement
• Support HR investigation process.
• Support leave of absence questions and process.
• Support running and analyzing of HR reporting.
• Support new hire orientation and onboarding activities as needed.
• Participate in planning and execution of engagement and retention activities and programs.
• Develop HR work instructions to facilitate consistency and knowledge transfer.
• Support HR projects aligned with HR strategy including but not limited to: recruiting, retention, recognition, engagement, culture development, etc.
• Support other HR and administrative duties as assigned
The HR Intern can expect to gain practical experience in a broad range of HR focused functions including:
• Full-cycle HR functions, processes, and procedures
• Full-cycle recruitment
• Orientation and onboarding
• Employer branding and community engagement
• Employee relations
• Engagement and Retention
• State and Federal employment law and regulations
• Currently enrolled in an accredited University Degree Program
• Pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Human Resources, Communication, Psychology, Business Administration, or other related studies
• 3.0 overall GPA or higher
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel (Filtering, Pivot Table, V-Look-up, PowerPoint, Word)
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary. The Automotive group sector comprises technologies for passive safety, brake, chassis, motion and motion control systems. Innovative solutions for assisted and automated driving, display and operating technologies, as well as audio and camera solutions for the vehicle interior, are also part of the portfolio, as is intelligent information and communication technology for the mobility services of fleet operators and commercial vehicle manufacturers. Comprehensive activities relating to connectivity technologies, vehicle electronics and high-performance computers round off the range of products and services.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving.