Material Handler I-2nd Shift
In this role you will perform assigned tasks and functions in accordance with organizational instruction, established safety procedures and ISO standards. Ensure orderly, timely and correct flow of materials utilizing operational equipment on the plant floor to keep plant operations working as efficiently as possible.
- Transfer of material between various work stations on the production floor in a timely and continuous manner (preventing lost time). Properly stage product waiting to be used in designated areas, e.g. not in walkways, near exit doors or at unsafe heights.
- Assist in all areas with banding pallets as well as empty waste containers on the plant floor;
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations;
- Perform daily inspection and maintenance on equipment as directed;
- Complete all computer work and paperwork neatly and correctly as directed. Maintain inventory accuracy for the area of responsibility, to include cycle counts, recording correct lengths and inputting data into system. Ensure all unplanned moves are transacted, whether written or electronically.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion;
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required;
- High School Diploma/GED
- Manufacturing Experience
- Forklift experience preferred but will train
- Ability to perform detailed work requiring continuous concentration
- Ability to certify in forklift operation and other equipment as necessary
- Knowledge of operating methods and procedures as they relate to their work center
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned job functions in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards
- Works safely and keeps work area clear of potential hazards
- Deals effectively and cooperatively with established policies and procedure
- No visa sponsorship or relocation provided
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2022, Continental generated sales of €39.4 billion and currently employs around 200,000 people in 57 countries and markets.
- The Wahpeton, ND location is seeking a Material Handler to join our team,