Responsible for providing software support to the production stations under his charge, which in turn provide service to the Plant's manufacturing applications; complying with the service level, response times and the established solution. Co-responsible for supporting the applications developed and / or installed for customers. It proposes improvements for any process that involves the production environment, implements and participates in new implementations, provides support and trains, always within its own scope and responsibility. Able to participate and support in interdisciplinary areas within his work team in a way that collaborates in providing prompt and expeditious solutions that result in a better availability of the service to the plant.
Continental Aguascalientes in clients of the systems in charge of its work team
Responsible for Infrastructure in Continental Aguascalientes that maintains all production systems and databases in a 24x7 scheme.
Ensuring efficient recovery in case of any eventuality using backup technologies.
Continental Aguascalientes and other Continental plants with similar technologies
• Implementation and support of applications released by the area.
• Maintain control over software and hardware inventories under the responsibility of the area, with respect to production equipment. For example: licenses, patches, update / installation of new versions / applications
• Provide 1st level support in service requests regarding systems within the scope of the area according to the Service Level Agreements (SLA); and, where appropriate, send the corresponding manual / reference so that the user / client can obtain the solution independently.
• Identify improvements to the existing equipment and systems that allow to extend the validity of the same, achieving a better use.
• If this improvement falls under the control of your tasks, you can implement it.
• Responsible for the introduction, monitoring and delivery of projects with a known and / or existing process (for example: planning, creation of internal offers, purchase monitoring, creation and monitoring of timing plans, configuration and installation of equipment, validation, etc. )
• Analyze the feasibility of customer requirements, based on their knowledge of company standards, the scope of systems, workloads and the impact on the operation and quality of our products and processes.
• Perform equipment monitoring under the responsibility of the area, verifying: available hard disk space, processor load, network traffic, security, as well as specific services.
• Basic knowledge of SQL on oracle, postgres, mysql database managers for the fulfillment of tasks related to production systems.
• Install base operating system and validate configurations of client systems based on unix, linux and / or windows operating systems.
• Create logs, fill internal reports (Ticket system, cell phone calls, extraordinary events, etc); provide feedback and communicate undocumented solutions for future events.
• Cover tasks within your competence, in the case of vacations or absences of colleagues from the area.
• Availability to carry out the guards of your work area
• Generate documentation and manuals in a standardized way on:
• Troubleshooting, implementations, changes, etc. arising from activities under his responsibility or from which he is properly instructed.
Education / Certification Systems Engineer, or comparable education.
Specialty in Operations.
1 to 2 years of experience in the area of support, customer service, support to other areas outside the area of operations, helping both in the resolution of problems and in the implementation of new solutions
Specialty in Database Administrator
Experience of at least 1 to 2 years as an administrator of Linux, Unix operating systems
1 to 2 years or more experience in Oracle databases
Experience of 1 to 2 years or more in 1st and 2nd level support in applications oriented to Databases
Communication skills; ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical groups
Systems Administrator Specialty (Desirable)
Minimum 1 to 2 years of experience in information technology service management processes and / or service provision.
Project and/or Process Experience (Desirable)
Active participation in the implementation of new projects. Responsible for work packages.
Implementation of medium to large projects inside and outside the area
Minimum 2 years of experience in operations project management.
Be self motivated, clear and effective communication skills, well organized - Teamwork skills
At Continental we are committed to building an inclusive and discrimination-free ecosystem in Mexico, these principles are rooted in our corporate philosophy and culture. Therefore, it is totally forbidden to request a pregnancy or HIV test as part of our selection processes.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental desarrolla tecnologías y servicios vanguardistas para la movilidad sostenible e interconectada de personas y bienes. Fundada en 1871, la empresa de tecnología ofrece soluciones seguras, eficientes, inteligentes y asequibles para vehículos, máquinas, tráfico y transporte. En 2022, Continental generó ventas por 39 400 millones de euros y actualmente emplea a unas 200 000 personas en 57 países y mercados.
Locuri de muncă similare
Infrastructure & Maintenance Engineer