Quality Engineer Internship
Under the direction of the assigned department manager, the Quality Engineer internship is designed to gain real world experience in Quality Control area.
This position performs a variety of tasks and assignments to offer practical experience and broad exposure to Continental’s organization. Interns are considered to be an integral part of the team and are provided with task that are both are challenging and educationally stimulating.
Interns must understand, follow all established safety, health, quality, and Company policies, procedures, and recognized practices.
- Must maintain work area to acceptable safety and housekeeping standards.
- Work closely with Quality department.
- Must complete and file all required documentation in an orderly and timely manner.
- Must notify Department Manager of any major problems or questions, including Quality or Safety concerns.
- Perform assigned duties to acquire knowledge of methods, procedures and standards required for successful performance. Accompanies senior level staff on assignments as appropriate.
- Complete a variety of developmental assignments in assigned area under the direction of one or more senior-level staff.
- Contribute individually or as part of a team to support the designated business unit. Assist with problem solving to maintain operational excellence.
- Work towards goals and objectives and participates in special projects as defined and assigned by leadership.
- Manage a project during to improve overall departmental performance or address specific business needs related to assigned location.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma or equivalent education and be currently enrolled in college to participate in the Internship Program.
- Students must be at minimum sophomore standing.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher
- Have a relevant major in Engineering
- Be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Be able to adhere to company policies
- Have required work authorization
- Able to read, write, and communicate in English. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must exhibit ability and desire to work within a team but have the ability to work independently.
- Works with minimal supervision, be a self-starter who leads by example, and be dependable.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities under pressure.
- Perform entry level professional and/or technical duties of moderate difficulty providing the opportunity for professional training in the assigned business unit or functional area.
- Ability to problem solve by adjusting variables in standardized situations.
- Must exhibit flexibility and willingness to perform tasks as needed.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
The ContiTech business area focuses on smart and sustainable solutions beyond rubber and develops digital and intelligent solutions in future-oriented sectors. In doing so, ContiTech draws on its long-standing knowledge of the industry and materials to open up new business opportunities by combining various materials with electronic components and individual services. The products, systems and solutions developed by ContiTech are used both in the automotive industry as well as in railway engineering, machine and plant construction, mining, agriculture and other important sectors of the future.