The Arlington, Texas is seeking material handlers to join our team. You will be signed tasks and functions in accordance with organizational instructions, established safety procedures and ISO standards Ensure orderly, timely and correct flow of materials utilizing operational equipment on the plant floor to keep plant operations working as efficiently as possible.
- Transfer material between various locations in the warehouse and on the production floor in a timely and continuous manner (preventing lost time). Properly stage product waiting to be used in designated areas, (e.g., not in walkways, near exit doors or at unsafe heights.)
- Assist in all areas to include, but not limited to banding pallets for shipping, unloading inbound deliveries, loading out bound shipments, and travelling for pick-ups or deliveries.
- Perform daily inspections and maintenance requests on equipment.
- Complete all computer work and paperwork neatly and correctly. Maintain inventory accuracy for the area of responsibility, to include looking up and/or weighing, labeling return materials, and inputting data into system. Ensure all unplanned moves are entered and completed accurately.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion, to include but not limited to sweeping and emptying waste containers around the plant as needed.
- Follows and enforces CTPAT-related guidelines and reports any security incidents, breaches, or concerns as required.
- Actively participate in all company betterment activities and take advantage of opportunities to develop oneself.
- Perform any other duties as assigned or required.
- Set up and operate all equipment according to company procedures, standards and work instructions.
- Follow all processing, measuring, packaging and shipping procedures as directed.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations
- Complete all computer work and paperwork neatly and correctly as directed.
- Maintain work area in a neat and orderly fashion
- Comply with all company labor policies
- Working knowledge of logistics processes, policies, and procedures.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift to move a variety of materials around and through the plant.
- Thorough understanding of order pulling of materials to fulfill work orders in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a logical, systematic manner.
- Prompt attention to and effective follow-through on all production quality concerns.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and to plan, organize, and complete duties in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain the respect of others as a competent Material Handler.
- Knowledge of proper shipping procedures and packaging.
- Completion of the CTPAT Training & Awareness Training Program.
- Ability to report any, and all CTPAT-related security incidents, breaches, or concerns.
- Ability to effectively use ContiTech's ERP system (M2K) along with other necessary software programs.
Physical/ Work Environment Demands
- Continuous standing ranging from 5.5 hours or more per day
- Occasional sitting ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Occasional driving ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Occasional reaching ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Occasional fine manipulation ranging from .25 to 2.5 hours per day
- Occasional lifting of weights ranging from 0 - 50 pounds .25 to 5.5 hours per day
- Will never be required to lift anything over 50 pounds without assistance
- Frequent bending/stooping ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent walking ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- Frequent pushing/ pulling ranging from 2.5 to 5.5 hours per day
- G.E.D or H.S. Diploma
- Mechanical aptitude and manual dexterity skills.
- Must meet functional Job Description requirements for Material Handler.
- Ability to certify in forklift operation and other equipment, as necessary.
- Effective basic computer skills (i.e., Data entry, Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
- Displays a positive attitude and a strong desire to learn and grow
- Successfully completed all company training as required
- Knowledge of operating methods and procedures as they relate to their work center
- Demonstrated ability to perform assigned job functions in a manner which will consistently meet quality requirements and production standards
- Works safely and keeps work area clear of potential hazards
- Deals effectively and cooperatively with established policies and procedures
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
- Immediate Benefits
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition & Employee Discounts
- Annual Bonus
- Employer 401(k) Match
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.