- Plan and implement investments for production equipment (i.e., machines, automation tech., utilities for production media e.g., steam generation) as well as general tools and devices according to standards
- Design and implement overall (cross product) factory processes e.g., by definition of production concept (e.g., line vs. job shop organization), design of plant layout (e.g., factory, workplace), factory simulation (e.g., manufacturing and logistics processes, ergonomics, etc.) or
product cost calculation according to lean principles and standards
- Definition of standard operation sheet, work combination table and (standard work instruction) job instruction sheet including standard times (e.g., by time studies) based on work instructions and according to standards
- Drive and implement automation projects according to lean principles and standards
- Installation, start-up, validation and handover (to production) and improvement of all production and SCM equipment as well as tools (incl. tool management) and devices according to production control plans and standards
- Design and implement production and SCM equipment IT (i.e., software as e.g., PLC, MDA, MES, etc. and hardware as e.g., IPCs, control boxes, etc.; also Industrie 4.0) according to standards cp.
- Plement maintenance of production and SCM equipment and production and SCM equipment IT (mechanical, electrical, IT) as well as of building internal equipment and infrastructure according to standards
- Operate production performance monitoring (e.g., regarding cost, lead time, scrap, waste, energy, OEE etc.) and identify, prioritize and implement production process improvements within boundaries of customer release e.g., by applying CBS methods, time studies or simulation
- Implement internal ME standards (e.g., strategy, equipment, KPIs etc.) and provide feedback and input for further development of standards
- Initiation and implementation of continuous improvement by applying CBS methods and training measures
- Other tasks as required
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Mechanical or Electrical
- 2+ year of related experience in a process-oriented manufacturing environment
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Solid mechanical skills and understanding of maintenance and preventative maintenance
- Demonstrated commitment to understanding and adhering to the spirit and the letter of EHS requirements
- Demonstrated experience working on complex projects
- Ability to handle complex situations, solve problems, and be decisive with a high sense of urgency
- Ability to effectively present information and to influence up and down the business structure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Need to communicate with the sister plants in North America and division on technical issues.
- Communication with suppliers and contractors for team development and internally with all departments
- 3+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment
No visa sponsorship.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries.
Our Auburn, IN plant is looking for a Manufacturing engineer to join our team.