Matlab Modeling & Simulation engineer for VED (Iasi)
Passionate about systems engineering and interested in developing a specific function for intelligent car components using model based design?
We develop the future of highly advanced braking technology for all vehicle types. Future Brake Systems must be capable of more than “just” decelerating a car safely. They must contribute to the efficiency of the vehicle, and they must meet new requirements for Automated Driving. Part of that is to generate brake pressure very quickly when active driving safety requires it. Our product is the enabler for Future Brake Systems and Motion Control solutions. It especially supports the first step forward towards brake systems of the future – the transition to genuine brake-by-wire systems.
Do you want to be a Function Developer? These should spark your interest:
• Owning responsibility for specific function deliverables on system engineering level
• Performing theoretical analysis (simulation, calculation), product/customer requirements analysis, problem resolution and feasibility study
• Creating mathematical models of physical systems and developing models
• Develop MATLAB Simulink models for simulating the physical system and design control algorithms.
• Implementation and validation of new approaches for control algorithms and monitoring functions.
• Understanding, tailoring and implementing of complex mathematical algorithms and theories.
• Combine hydraulics, electronics, programming and algorithm know-how for understanding and modifying the system behavior.
• Model Based Development using Matlab, Simulink, Stateflow, Targetlink
• Performing prototyping of complete function (could include Mechanical, Electronic and Sw elements) with Model Based Development
• Performing early verification of behavior, performance, computation capability by modeling and simulation MIL/SIL of the complete chain
A mentor will support you to stepwise take over own responsibility after an initial training phase which will familiarize you with our products, tools, processes and organization.
• Simulation tools (MATLAB / Simulink) and Model Based Design process.
• Good understanding of mathematics and physics.
• Good understanding of power electronics and control theory.
• System engineering, with focus on simulations in either of the following areas: hydraulics, motor control, power electronics or sensors - is a plus.
• University degree (i.e. Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Informatics, Mechanics, Physics, Mathematics).
• Automotive development in actuation systems – is a plus
• Working with cross-functional international teams – is a plus
• C Programming and software development tools and processes - is a plus
• Being fluent in English
• Having a methodical and structured approach.
• Having the ability to priorities issues based on level of importance and identify innovative and timely solutions.
• Being technically minded eager and desired to understand the products and key drivers (from all disciplines: mechanics, electronics and software) for technological development of the platform.
• Having strong entrepreneurship as basis for a self-determined working style.
- The 13-th salary – Paid once a year, in December.
- Meal tickets - With a value of 30 Ron.
- Flexible working time;
- Cross-Border Mobile Work in the EU according to internal regulations.
- Relocation Package for non-Iasi Residents.
- Referral bonuses - We encourage colleagues to refer new candidates to us and, at the same time, to get the chance to receive a bonus.
- Private Health Insurance – Health is the most important, so we offer you private medical insurance which offers a wide range of medical services.
- Discounts at our partners – We collaborate with different vendors, and we receive discounts for various products/ services like rubbers, restaurants, kindergartens etc.
- Tires discount - Purchase best Continental tires at a special price.
- System for Rewarding Improvement Ideas – We have an internal improvement program (Continental Idea Management) that gives you the opportunity to come with ideas and to be honored with an attractive bonus (this is established by the CIM team according to your improvement idea).
- Happy days – If you or your child is getting married, or you become a parent, you receive some extra free days.
- Life events celebration - If your family is growing, we praise your newborn with a bonus.
- Unfortunate events - In case of unhappy events in your life, we support you by offering you free days and financial support (handled on a case-by-case basis).
- Extra vacation days – You begin with 22 vacation days/year, and starting with the 3rd year with us, we offer you 1 more day of vacation and, afterwards from 2 to 2 years you’ll get one more extra day (the maximum you can achieve is 27).
- Sabbatical year - Take up to one year off and come back on the same position, according to our internal policies.
- Professional development - Many opportunities to develop yourself within the company.
- Diversity and multicultural mindset - We encourage you to join us no matter who, where, what you are. We have colleagues from different nations and a variety of languages are spoken in our company.
- In-house restaurant & coffee corner.
Vrei să conduci alături de Continental? Fă primul pas: aplică online!
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs more than 192,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.