Warranty Cost Specialist
The Warranty cost specialist is responsible for customer warranty debit support and related costs within Automotive Central Quality. In this role the specialist will be tasked with lowering the warranty costs across continental Business Areas by ensuring the customer disputes are accurate and within the customer terms.
Description of activities:
- Independently monitor, check, and validate customer disputes
- Initiate and support customer meetings with the goal to minimize customer disputes
- Prepare and verify warranty cost with the support of customer specific data, using existing warranty terms & conditions, as well as the subsequent negotiation with the customer after the requested release is given by the Division/BU/Plant
- Creation of Credit/debit Notes within SAP (WTY-Module); ensuring correct Plant, Order Type, Sales Organization, and distribution channel including part number specific billing.
- Identify any discrepancies within the customer debits and clarify resolution with the assigned customers
- Regularly download and collect information from customer portals or direct collection from assigned customer. Plausibility check with developed Excel and other tools
- Track debit notes to actualize and report warranty cost including all corresponding savings
- Preparation and negotiation of warranty cost for assigned customers
- Support AR as needed to ensure proper allocation of debits/credits
- Regular reporting of cost status to management and internal teams
- Assist Customer Warranty Team with maintaining the central technical factor data within applicable databases
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Engineering Quality Management or related
- MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint experience
- Intermediate written and spoken English
- Knowledge in Finance (accounts receivable)
- Knowledge of quality and debit processes
- Highly detail oriented
- Ability to analyze, capture and interpret data from various sources
In Continental we are committed to an inclusive and non-discriminatory culture, we will never require a HIV or pregnancy test as a part of our selection process.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2021, Continental generated sales of €33.8 billion and currently employs more than 190,000 people in 58 countries and markets. On October 8, 2021, the company celebrated its 150th anniversary.