Lead Software Engineer - Embedded Infrastructure Solutions
In Continental, we are working towards Vision Zero, a goal to eliminate thousands of fatal accidents happening every day on the world’s roads. We are looking for creative minds who are passionate to shape the future mobility and transform ideas into mature solutions.
The Lead Software Engineer is a key member of a multi-disciplinary team responsible for developing the next generation of Smart Infrastructure Systems that will enable a safe and clean driving environment. We are a small and agile team of developers driven by our love for technology.
- Main responsibilities:
- Creation of customer-specific software solutions in the field of Safe Infrastructure functions like V2X, traffic statistics, and service and diagnostics.
- Cooperation in building a Safe Infrastructure Solution platform for innovative applications.
- Develop software architecture, design, and implementation of Embedded Linux SW modules.
- Plan, maintain, and communicate software development content and timing.
- Support the identification of root cause for issues and corrective action plans.
- Participate in technical discussions with internal and external customers.
- Assist innovation activities by creating the SW concept and effort estimations.
- Work as part of an international team alongside renowned internal and external experts in the field.
- Keep current with technology trends, relevant academic research, and software skills and tools and disseminate amongst peers and team members.
- Required qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in mechatronics, electronics, computer engineering or related discipline.
- Professional experience in embedded Linux development and product industrialization.
- Professional experience with both C and C++ programming.
- Experience with Yocto Project.
- Proficient in scripting with Python.
- Good English communication, spoken and written.
- Good planning skills.
- Nice to have:
- Advanced degree (Masters/PhD) in mechatronics, electronics, computer engineering or related discipline.
- Knowledge of DevOps tools and methodologies (Jira, GitHub, Jenkins).
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies (AWS/Azure) and Cloud Architecture.
- Experience in implementing distributed applications in a container environment (Docker/Kubernetes).
- Experience with hypervisors.
- Experience in agile development within automotive innovation projects.
- Experience with (A)SPICE.
- What we offer:
- Participation in exciting, highly innovative projects.
- Personal career development and a challenging role with end-to-end responsibility.
- Ability to directly deliver software into real products.
- Opportunity to see your ideas turn into reality with our pilot deployments.
- Continuous development with access to numerous trainings, including technical skills, soft skills and language skills.
- A friendly, respectful and collaborative work environment that encourages creativity and innovation.
Pay for Performance:
• Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
• Relocation Bonus for non-Queretaro Residents;
• Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
• Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
• Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
• Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
• In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
• Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
• Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
• Access to e-learning platforms;
• Career development opportunities (local and international);
• Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the “SensePlanAct” chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.