Maintenance Technician II (12 hour shift 6PM - 6AM)
Supporting Production needs, this Maintenance Technician position addresses the service needs of all equipment on a limited supervised basis. Generally, this involves operating common tooling, documenting repairs and may involve more than one of the following: pneumatic, hydraulic electrical systems at an Intermediate level. Able to practice 5S and the need for “everything has its place”.
1. Able to understand equipment needs and perform advance repairs with no supervision.
2. Perform Preventive Maintenance functions as required.
3. Create recommendations which are supported by logic and fact.
4. Able to document the repair and explain the repair to Maintenance Management.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: 2+ years of experience.
- Technical Skills: (Intermediate Level) Machine shop, welding, plumbing, hydraulics, pneumatics, computers, control systems, power systems.
- Other Skills / Abilities: Lifting devices. Ability to follow Safe Practices as dictated by Company protocol, LOTO, NFPA70E, RCRA, DOT and OSHA10. Work as a team member and understand the importance of the Customer. Understand and execute advance problem solving techniques; e.g. 5Y.
- Relocation benefits would not be offered for this job opening.
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
· Immediate Benefits
· Tuition & Employee Discounts
· Employer 401(k) Match
· And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world’s leading suppliers of technical elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Somersworth, NH location is seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented maintenance technician to join our team. Are you ready to shape the future with us?