R&D HIL Test Engineer (PSS - Computing & Chassis Units )
Continental Automotive is one of the largest automotive manufacturers in the world and a leader in innovation. Through our pioneering technologies and services, we’re changing the future of mobility to make it more safe, smart, and sustainable.
Part of Continental, the segment Passive Safety and Sensorics (PSS) is dedicated to save lives as leading supplier of innovative safety systems and we are seeking a highly self-motivated and detail-oriented person to join our team!
Are you ready to shape the future with us?
The SW Test Engineer is responsible for specifying and executing the defined tests on the SW level (e.g. SW module test), and reports to the SW Test Manager for all technical issues.
The SW Test Engineer generates and maintains project specific test specifications, reports and related test scripts for regression tests. This position reports to the Software Test Team Lead and Software Test Manager, also responsible team leader.
Specifies the SW module tests in accordance to the defined processes and conventions
· Proactively communicates delays and problems during testing, and escalates as necessary
· Proactively communicates test results to necessary parties
· Conducts reviews of SW test specifications
· Develops improvements for test processes and test strategies
· Delivers the committed work package results within the planned time, effort, and quality expectations
Authorized to approve or reject testability for the related requirements. Rejection is based on the impossibility to create adequate test cases, not based on inconvenience. In cases of conflicts, the SW Test Manager or SW Project Manager must be informed
· Authorized to decide between technical alternatives in the implementation of software tests (e.g. configuration of test tools, adjustment of test scripts, or the usage of specific test hardware)
· Holds the authority to propose stopping test efforts on a certain SW component if there is enough evidence that the test entry criteria are not being met. The final decision is taken by the SW Test Manager
· Authorized to accept or reject a work product in the object reviews for which this role participates if the topic is within the expertise of this role
› 2+ years experience in software or system testing
› Bachelor's degree in an engineering field (computer science, electronics, telecom, mechatronics)
› Proactive, resilient, flexible and results oriented attitude
› Willingness to work in a distributed global team environment
› Fluent English (TOEIC Level 781-900 pts)
› Analytical capabilities and good Communication skills
› Knowledge on Product Design V model
› Knowledge in test techniques (ISTQB)
› Knowledge in requirements analysis or management
› Proficient with programming languages such as C/C++, CAPL, Python, MATLAB, etc.
› Configuration Management Tools knowledge: DOORS, JIRA, etc.
› Proficient with the use of lab equipment: Vector (CANoe, CANalizer, etc), multimeter, signal generator, oscilloscope, data logger.
Nice to have Qualifications
› Certification in test techniques (ISTQB)
› Intercultural Experience
› GIT experience
› Knowledge on XiL: HiL, SiL, etc. (Simulation)
› Knowledge on Communication Protocols: Ethernet, CAN, et.
› Knowledge on Continuous integration
› General knowledge of electronics.
› Collaborates effectively with others to achieve goals.
› Testing automation experience
› Experience on Agile methodology
› Knowledge on Functional Safety Requirements
› Knowledge on ASIL
› Knowledge on Optics
› Learning agility; being curious and quick to learn.
What we offer:
Pay for Performance:
• Achievement Bonuses and Rewards;
• Relocation Bonus for non-Queretaro Residents;
• Recommendation Bonuses for new team members;
• Flexibility Program including flexible hours, mobile work and sabbaticals.
• Health & Wellness (Private Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Sport activities etc.);
• Different discounts (glasses, tires, medical, shopping);
• In-house restaurant & coffee corners.
• Technical, Soft Skills & Leadership trainings;
• Dedicated Programs and Conferences;
• Access to e-learning platforms;
• Career development opportunities (local and international);
• Internal development communities (Experts, Agile Community of Practice, Artificial Intelligence etc).
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Continental develops pioneering technologies and services for sustainable and connected mobility of people and their goods. Founded in 1871, the technology company offers safe, efficient, intelligent and affordable solutions for vehicles, machines, traffic and transportation. In 2020, Continental generated sales of €37.7 billion and currently employs around 193,000 people in 58 countries and markets. In 2021, the company celebrates its 150th anniversary. The Autonomous Mobility and Safety business area develops, produces and integrates active and passive safety technologies and controls vehicle dynamics. The product portfolio ranges from electronic and hydraulic brake and chassis control systems to sensors, advanced driver assistance systems, airbag electronics and sensors, electronic air suspension systems and cleaning systems for windscreens and headlights. Autonomous Mobility and Safety has a high level of systems expertise in the interconnectivity of individual components. As a result, products and system functions are created along the “SensePlanAct” chain of effects. These make driving safer and easier and pave the way for autonomous mobility.