• As a Production Operator you will function as an active team member within the production line by maintaining quality specifications, inputting manufacturing data, viewing SOP’s, and maintaining operation of various equipment and machinery depending upon the department’s job specifications
• In this role you will be required to accurately meet production schedules, verify materials when needed, and to troubleshoot and report issues when they arise
• You will be required to maintain a clean and safe environment at all times by following good housekeeping practices
• Safety awareness in daily work to ensure a safe work environment at all times is a vital part of your role
• Act as an effective team member to communicate daily tasks and instructions
• Ability to stand for long periods of time with the ability to reach, bend, push, and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds when necessary
• The position requires use of PPE which includes safety shoes, safety glasses, and hearing protection; the use of a respirator may be required for specific job departments
• Must be able to work proficiently in a manufacturing industrial environment including ability to learn how to operate a forklift
• Shift Schedules are 12 Hour Shifts and are dependent on the department’s needs and production demands
• Must be able to work overtime, weekends, and holidays
• Must have and maintain a good attendance record
• Must be able to work in the US without visa or other sponsorship
• Continental is not able to pay relocation expenses for this opportunity
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY
• Immediate Benefits
• Paid Time Off
• Employee Discounts
• Annual Bonus
• Employer 401(k) Match
• On-Site Gym
• And more benefits that come with working for a global industry leader!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
ContiTech, a division of Continental, is one of the world's leading suppliers of technicial elastomer products and is a specialist in plastics technology. ContiTech develops and produces functional parts, components, and systems for machine and plant engineering, mining, the automotive industry, and other important industries. Our Winchester, Virginia location is seeking a Production Technician to join our team. The ideal candidates will be involved in the manufacturing of artificial leather product which involves a strong attention to detail and the ability to multitask and support the manufacturing line.
Are you ready to shape the future with us?