An ideal candidate for this position will be someone who can work effectively on a small team to implement robust manufacturing solutions involving collaborative or industrial robotics. Proficiency with industrial and collaborative robots, mechanical design, and HMI/PLC development are integral to this role. Projects will vary from updates to existing equipment, to basic collaborative robot handling solutions all the way to fully integrated production equipment performing operations such as screw-driving, sealant dispense, and product assembly. We utilize the latest Allen-Bradley safety PLCs and industrial and collaborative robots, working closely with our component suppliers to ensure we can stay ahead of the innovation curve. There are also no shortage of new ideas and interesting challenges, so you’ll have no trouble finding opportunities to make a difference fast!
DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT:
• Use process requirements and design guidelines
• Create and review equipment/production concepts; includes:
- Safety risk assessment
- Mechanical (end-of-arm tool, fixtures, frame, etc.)
- Electrical/control (actuators, sensors, communication, HMI, PLC)
- Software (PLC and HMI)
• Component evaluation and sourcing
• Document design (mechanical drawings, schematics, spare parts, etc.)
• Debug and qualification of new equipment
• Escalation point for production support topics
• Mentor technical resources (engineers, technicians, etc.) to improve flexibility
• Identify and implement production improvements
• Evaluate new technologies to enhance capabilities, some examples:
- New equipment
- Robotics with integrated AI-enhanced vision
- Advances to safeguarding
- Applied big data to facilitate machine learning for equipment robustness, process control, and intelligent maintenance
• Document findings and share with global community
• Bachelor’s in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Systems, or Controls) or other related field of study
• Strong time-management skills with the ability to manage multiple priorities
• 3+ years experience writing ladder logic in manufacturing using a safety PLC (Rockwell/AB)
• 3+ years experience with industrial robots/cobots (Fanuc, Universal Robotics, Techman)
• Knowledge of safety standards for machine design and risk assessment
• Machine building
• Mechanical design using CAD (Solidworks)
• Must be able to work well on a team
• Strong, clear, written and verbal communication skills
No relocation offered for this position.
No Visa offered for this position.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to Careers@conti-na.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.393.5566. This telephone line and email address are reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requesting accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Please do not call about the status of your job application, if you do not require accessibility assistance or an accommodation. Messages left for other purposes, such as following up on an application or non-disability related technical issues, will not receive a call back.
Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.
Join the New Braunfels, TX team for the exciting journey of a new facility start-up (Greenfield). The $110 million facility will manufacture Advanced Driver Assistance Systems for automated and assisted driving. Join the Continental team that manufactures products that save lives everyday!
Locuri de muncă similare
Maintenance Technician (1st Shift/Days)
Maintenance Technician (3rd Shift/Nights)